Let's Hear About Your Whale

So Mr. Golf how did you get into this account?

Cold call... We target the lumber industry so I like to think they had heard of our reputation (maybe wishful thinking??). I have a WC company that will kill their current rates (11.30 vs. 16.85 per hundred) on the sawmill class, but it is very selective underwriting; I just need one more year behind as 2011 was brutal for them and is still showing up. In the short run I might not can help them, in the long run I definitely can. Guess we will see how it shakes out in a week or so.

January is one of my busier months. These were a few of mine:

Solar Contractor: GL & Umbrella, $7,120 in commission
Carpentry Contractor: WC, $23,000 in commission (est as its a pay as you go PEO)
Medical Equipment: GL/Products, $1,900 in commission
Communications Contractor: GL/Umbrella/WC/Auto, $26,600 in commissions
Home Builder: GL, $1,800 in commission
Furniture MFG: Auto, $3,720 in commission

How you like dem apples?

Holy spit! What state?

I landed a Large NYC union trade contractor with terrible loss history and being dropped from admitted market. The best their broker could do at the time was $1,250,000, I saved them 150k on the XS alone and was rewarded with a BOR on the GL quote. Since then I've brought their costs back down to reality but it was fun while it lasted......

2014-$1,100,000 GL/XS
2015-$680,000 GL/XS
2016-$400,000 GL/XS

Really Nice. and the service work is probably less than the time I spent today renewing a $20,000 plumber with 68 coi's..?

One man's whale is another man's bait fish.

While you guys talk about your big commercial accounts...Insurance1822 is just hands/face pressed to the glass looking at your world wishing I could be in it. Mark my words...I'm coming to commercial

Hearing this put fire back into my soul. Getting burned out on the personal lines grind, the customers it attracts, and the peanuts for how hard I work. I am seriously getting into commercial. Thanks for the inspiration.

^Based off your $hit ass splits...I can't believe you stick with this! At least I keep the whole bag..your agency is butt raping you brah. But ya...commercial is where it's at.

Back