Liability in Writing ACA ?

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Apparently, a lot of agents will only be offering 1-2 plans in their area (if at all).

I'm wondering what the liability of this is?----->Are you supposed to tell your prospect that "there are other plans out there....i just don't represent them!"

???

What kinda of liability is there if you only offer 1 company?

My only experience in this type of thing was in the asset management world where, depending on one's role, they would be working with either a suitability standard or a fiduciary standard. I'm not sure what fits here but believe it would be suitability. If that's the case, then as long as an agent puts a consumer in an appropriate product, then that is all they need to do.

if you are marketing exchange plans, you must follow what the government tells you to do. There are over 1000 pages of laws pertaining to marketing selling and presenting ACA plans.

Apparently, a lot of agents will only be offering 1-2 plans in their area (if at all).

I'm wondering what the liability of this is?----->Are you supposed to tell your prospect that "there are other plans out there....i just don't represent them!"

???

None, if there was any liability then every Florida Blue captive agent would have been out of compliance for virtually every presentation for the past 3 years.

Do you actually have any clients on Marketplace plans?

???

Why are you concerned about offering only one option?

Back