Liberal Tobacco Underwriting

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Any Medigap carriers that don't rate for occasional tobacco use. Like a cigar at your once a month poker game. Or a pipe when watching My Three Sons.

Any Medigap carriers that don't rate for occasional tobacco use. Like a cigar at your once a month poker game. Or a pipe when watching My Three Sons.

The only one I know of is BCBS of Illinois, but that won't do you much good in Georgia. They don't have a tobacco rate.

Now if you were talking FE, there would be several that would work for you. As long as it's not cigarettes, Equitable wouldn't even care what you put in your pipe and smoke while watching Fred and the boys. :laugh:

Haven't verified this yet with CLI...

Another agent informed me that Continental Life doesn't rate for tobacco use in OE. He had submitted an app with a standard rate and the premium was reduced to preferred when issued.

Haven't verified this yet with CLI... Another agent informed me that Continental Life doesn't rate for tobacco use in OE. He had submitted an app with a standard rate and the premium was reduced to preferred when issued.

They don't rate anyone in OE as tobacco in Indiana but most other companies do. That has always been one of their advantages.

In some states no companies count OA as tobacco.

Continental Life doesn't rate for tobacco use in OE

AHL does the same in GA. Maybe this is common practice among the Aetna carriers.

Apparently it is a secret, just like their ht & wt tables.

Haven't verified this yet with CLI... Another agent informed me that Continental Life doesn't rate for tobacco use in OE. He had submitted an app with a standard rate and the premium was reduced to preferred when issued.
CLI, ACI, and AHL all give preferred rates for tobacco users if they are OE or GI. Before their e-app came out I just did not answer the tobacco question for OE and GI cases when taking a paper application. On the e-app you can't go to the next screen without answering it, but they do get preferred rates no matter how it is answered.

Back