Liberty National, any success stories?

BTG

I'm thinking about switching careers and Liberty National has offered me a job.

I have searched this forum and found some negative comments about this company. Are there any success stories? Is this a good starting place in the insurance business? A good stepping stone on the way up maybe?

Thanks for any and all comments, good or bad.

I don't know the laws in your state, but in Georgia you can sell insurance on a temporary license for a period of time. IMO, and company that will bring you on with a temporary license is just doing so so they can brainwash you easily. If I had known what I knew after my licensing training I probably would of told UA to take a hike.

Who cares how many times this gets posted: All they care about is recruiting, not doing a great service for the client, not building a good career that lasts forever and makes the agent some money, they are unprofessional.

I'm thinking about switching careers and Liberty National has offered me a job.

I have searched this forum and found some negative comments about this company. Are there any success stories? Is this a good starting place in the insurance business? A good stepping stone on the way up maybe?

Thanks for any and all comments, good or bad.
I just became a employee of Liberty National myself. I also saw all the negative post about LNL. I chose to look pass them because different states are different people. State Farm is one of the top insurance companies available, but if you go to ripoffreport.com you will see negative comments about them also. Someone will always have something to say about a company.

Heath, you may have a point about the state. In my state, they are not very strong at all. In Alabama and Florida, they apparently are. I have been with Liberty twice now and have met some great people from Alabama and Florida, quality people, but they have left here and nobody can tell me why, and I think they left the company.

I would be interested in hearing from Heath as well, about how it has gone. Basically, I tried it because Liberty had a reputation for being an old school home service type company, they used to be debit. { my screen-name says it all, I am an old school debit guy} But, I quickly learned that since being bought out by Torchmark, they are more of a recruiting factory, now. At least in my state. Do a search here, and you will find a lot of inquiries about becoming an agent with them, because they actively recruit like crazy, so naturally we are going to see a lot of newbies inquiring. There are probably success stories, but I contend there are better companies out there for training and leads and making agents' careers. Just my opinion. I have had experience with two Torchmark companies and I am not thrilled with the system. Does not mean that somebody else might not love the system and say I'm crazy. Fine, let's hear some success stories. It's all just opinions on the net. { I bet a twenty year manager has a favorable opinion of them, as well he should, but I don't think we have a lot of twenty year career managers for Liberty posting on here- and a client who got a claim check delivered, they will more than likely have positive stories to tell...}

Look at their website, it is mostly about recruiting. I would avoid a Torchmark Company. It is all about churn and burn. They are always recruiting and will take on almost anyone.

http://www.libnat.com/

old posts never die on here, look at that, 2007 posting!! ha ha. well, I really do wish LibNat was still a respected old school company, too bad torchmark screwed them all up. IMHO { maybe they wanted to be all screwed up, maybe they were ripe for the taking}

Seems to me there are fewer and fewer respected old school companies out there any longer. Welcome to 2008, I guess.

Back