Liberty National -calming down?

Jul 27, 2008

1. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    What ever happened to all the LibNat recruitings and such around here? Seems like about a year ago, we would get a thread a month, at least. Maybe a thread every two weeks. Did they calm down on recruiting?

2. mswebb06

mswebb06 Super Genius

Nope, still going strong in my area, I get at least 3 calls a month.

mswebb06, Jul 27, 2008
  3. Invain15

Invain15 Super Genius

still running strong

Invain15, Jul 27, 2008
  4. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    They seem to have calmed it down slightly here in TX, but then, they just opened another branch in DFW area, so there you go.

5. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    how is this ua name change thing working? are all the ua branches becoming libnat?

6. Thatguy

Thatguy Super Genius

State:
    California
    I didn't know that libnat had purchased UA. When did that happen?

Thatguy, Oct 22, 2008
  7. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    The libnat and UA thing = they have been all together under the torchmark name for quite some time-torch acquired ua in 1982 according to wiki. Wiki states that birmingham was the home of torchmark till 2006. Latest word is torchmark will be moving to TX home of UA, if they have not done so already. So, one would think UA would be the core name to use here, but no, the other way around: UA is going to apparently use the libnat name, from what I gather. I do not know if the actual branch offices are going to get the razor blade out and scrape the UA decal off of the window and put a libnat label on there- but it sounds like it may happen.

8. 2112Greg

2112Greg Guru

State:
    Texas
    A lot like Amway in that they keep changing their name so a lot of people don't know it's the same douchebag company. Brilliant...

2112Greg, Oct 23, 2008
  9. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    yep, and, I think the libnat name has a more positive ring to it- than UA. wouldn't be hard- to be more positive sounding than UA.... ha ha

on a side note: I have no clue how UA could have have gotten "of course" like this over the years, they used to be a good company with a good name???? Used to be... like in the 1980's and 1990's. oh well. things happen. I guess amway probably had a better name -at some point in the past.