Liberty National

They sell overpriced junk... although I wish it was sold more in my area.... like christmas when I find them

I have been a LNL agent since the beginning of the year. They still do personal business as well as worksite. I have written bank draft business in the past few weeks. Very interested and disheartened about the vectoring news.

My training has been primarily under fire and on my own.

Yes, it's the one out of Alabama that used to be debit at one time. A torchmark company.

Seems Torchmark has a habit of ruining companies.. Sold United American back in the old pre Torchmark days and had a great time doing business with them. I never worked for Liberty National but had friends (and competitors) that ran debits with them in the 70s and they really liked the company. From what I hear of the two companies now, I don't think I would want to write business with either of them.

My first gig was with LNL back in 98'... worked there for about 9 months before I went independent

Theres pros and cons there

Pros'.. they'll help pay for your license if you're green in the business- they'll pay you a salary- (cant remeber if it was a draw on comm or not- been so long) But It's good for new agents because you get at least a weekly paycheck.. wasnt much if I recalled- something like $250 + if you sold any policies you got comm.. so it was a place you wouldnt starve

Learned a lot from them- We worked junk Globe life leads.. it was okay.. very old fashioned company that gives crapy 3 year old leads and you basically cold call door knock

But it does teach you what to expect in the business and it can teach you good working habits

Rates suck tho', they push alotta whole life and supp policies like cancer etc.. their term is underwritten by United I believe- or it was at the time

Advance blows ass... If I recall, no matter how big the premium was.. the cap you could ever make on a single comm was $250 advance.. even if it were a $1000 comm, they'd pay you $250 and the rest as earned

It wasnt until a year later I found out I could make a whole lot more

But it was a good learning experience for me.. I would reccommend it for a new agent...

Back