License?

You can work with a temporary license for a non captive agency. Do you even have your temporary license?

I can't leave this unanswered though, people might wonder for the next 6 years.....

California doesn't do temporary licenses. You get your real license. So no, I don't have my temporary license.

When I first got my license, it took about 3 days for them to carve your name and license number on a stone tablet for me to carry around (unfortunately, I dropped it and it broke a while back). Now, I understand they send them via either smoke signals or that new fangled thing called www. Not sure how that works though.

Dan

I understand they send them via either smoke signals or that new fangled thing called www. Not sure how that works though.

Yea.....I've heard of that! It's called the "interant" or something like that. Probably just a fad like the Pet Rock was.

Huh? What is a temporary license? What state are you in, since this is a state specific question.

Dan

P.S. Sorry, never heard of a temporary license before. Is this like a learners permit? California, as far as I know, you are either licensed or not.

I'm in Illinois and I had a temporary license for 2 months(not sure how long they're good for) that allowed me to write business by myself until I passed the test and got my permanent license. It's been a long time ago, but I'm sure I had temporary licenses in Nebraska and Tennessee also. I only got them with a captive company, so I don't know if you can get one as an independent...I think the captive company takes responsibility for you.

I guess the temporary license is like a learners permit.

Without some type of temporary license, a carrier could be precluded from paying commissions immediately upon the death of the person they have on-record as being licensed with them.
It is a transitioning mechanism under certain circumstances, in certain States.

I'm in Illinois and I had a temporary license for 2 months(not sure how long they're good for) that allowed me to write business by myself until I passed the test and got my permanent license. It's been a long time ago, but I'm sure I had temporary licenses in Nebraska and Tennessee also. I only got them with a captive company, so I don't know if you can get one as an independent...I think the captive company takes responsibility for you.

I guess the temporary license is like a learners permit.

I missed the stone ages, so I can't speak to that era...

The only temporary licenses in Tennessee at present are for spouses of deceased producers. I believe they get like 90 days to get licensed.

Back