Licensing with a Misdemeanor

manifold

Expert
Hi. I wrote a while back about getting a license with a pending felony for fraud. However now that everything has been explained and settled it will turn into a misdemeanor class B for contempt of court.

I applied for my license while it was in pending stages and have been working with the person at the TDI licensing department on my case.

I sent in all the paperwork and haven't heard anything.

I explained the situation in total. Is there anything else I can do that's holding it up? I will be getting the final disposition in the beginning of october(thankfully).

Also will I have any issue getting appointments with a contempt of court misdemeanor on my record? Please advise. Thank you!

Misdemeanors generally won't cause you issues. I know plenty of agents with DUIs or possession or other charges that have licenses. My understanding is that things related to financial legalities could pose a problem. I would think that a fraud charge could definitely pose a problem. In reality though, no one on this forum is going to be able to give you a definitive answer. The only people who have the answer to your question are the people processing your case.

One thing I can almost guarantee is that you will wait. And wait. And wait. Then, they will send you some paperwork, or ask you some questions, then you will wait. When that is done, you will wait some more. Unless the misdemeanor is some sort of fraud or financial misrepresentation, then you will probably get your license, or a probationary licence, which will later be renewed as a regular license. They generally move so slow they make the people at the DMV look like cheetahs.

Did I mention you would be doing a lot of waiting? Lol.

I'm just being realistic with you. Keep your head up, it will probably be fine. I have seen this before.

What about company appointments?

also I got my license!!! HOOORRAYY! it took a lot of paperwork.

Same thing. Some will and some won't. If you can get licensed, generally there is someone who will appoint you.

Are you looking to sell life and health or property and casualty?

Same thing. Some will and some won't. If you can get licensed, generally there is someone who will appoint you.

Are you looking to sell life and health or property and casualty?

The company I am with is for life, final expense only.

My experience has been for both p&c and life, if you are honest and forthright once you have gotten your license you will pass flying colors with the individual carriers. If you get a thumbs up on your license, then employers and carriers will generally give you a shot

If you lie or hold information back, or have something new pops up... who knows.

This is just what I have seen. Obviously nothing is guaranteed.

It's just a call center in my city its not some huge name.

And they know about it? I wouldn't worry too much then. Presumably they have a decent relationship with their carriers and should be able to get you appointed.

Back