Life after WFG.......where to go next?

MustangGT2000

Greetings!

I've been with WFG for 4 months. I just received my life insurance license from the state of California. I have exhausted my friends and family contacts. My trainer closed a few sales but the limited referral have gone flat. My trainer made some commission during the process. I am now dead in the water. I asked my trainer and SMD for assistance and they said its up to me to build my business. My SMD ignores my phone calls because I have no referrals. I am told he is busy with new recruiting setting up appointments so his commissions continue rolling in.

I told my trainer I am departing WFG. He told me nobody is going to hire me, the business is dying, only WFG you can make money, he said my current commission rate is 25% and is the best in the industry. I will not get a high commission anywhere else in the business being a newbie. This true?

I have a full-time job and want to start doing this part-time in the evenings and the weekends. Can anyone give me a light of hope finding a new company willing to train me and work part-time? Or is WFG right I am done. Any directions that would be great.

Jerry

I told my trainer I am departing WFG. He told me nobody is going to hire me, the business is dying, only WFG you can make money, he said my current commission rate is 25% and is the best in the industry. I will not get a high commission anywhere else in the business being a newbie. This true?

Your trainer is full of ****. Anybody that says "The business is dying, but only [our company] you can make money" isn't smart enough to realize his own cognitive dissonance and arrogance. Oh, and 25%... is highway robbery.

You can start out at a captive insurance company (MassMutual, New York Life, Guardian, and others) at a 55% payout plus bonuses... or you can contract through IMOs or direct with companies for 80%+.

I am told the WFG model is the only model that works which is why their company continues to grow. They offer the full solution helping the middle class but they push IULs that are expense. I felt we should have offered TERM at times but IUL was the king. I want to work for a company that truly helps customers finding something that works for THEM. WFG helped me learn the business by attending weekly meetings so I thank them for that. However, they only focus on recruiting non-stop and I feel I am not learning the actual business. Thanks again all for your feedback.

That’s what I hated about WFG. I ran out of friends as well... but as soon as I ran out there wasn’t much help. That’s ok, I was not st all comfortable pushing IUls.

Go independent or go somewhere with REAL training

One of my good friends was at the top level with WFG for years, walked away from a 6 figure override on principal. They are one of the worst.

If you really want to learn the business, look at Mass or NYL or similar. You may not make a ton of $ initially, but most that train with them learn alot. Once you know the business, its much easier to operate on your own as an independent.

One of my good friends was at the top level with WFG for years, walked away from a 6 figure override on principal. They are one of the worst.

If you really want to learn the business, look at Mass or NYL or similar. You may not make a ton of $ initially, but most that train with them learn alot. Once you know the business, its much easier to operate on your own as an independent.

Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I just received my license yesterday and I have no job to make money! WFG took all my friends and family referrals and I had a tons. Honestly, if I could make $500-$1000 a month part-time I would be super excited.

Greetings!

I've been with WFG for 4 months. I just received my life insurance license from the state of California. I have exhausted my friends and family contacts. My trainer closed a few sales but the limited referral have gone flat. My trainer made some commission during the process. I am now dead in the water. I asked my trainer and SMD for assistance and they said its up to me to build my business. My SMD ignores my phone calls because I have no referrals. I am told he is busy with new recruiting setting up appointments so his commissions continue rolling in.

I have a full-time job and want to start doing this part-time in the evenings and the weekends. Can anyone give me a light of hope finding a new company willing to train me and work part-time? Or is WFG right I am done. Any directions that would be great.

Jerry

We had a soon-to-be-ex WFG rep in our office yesterday. She was amazed she could get 80-100% first year commissions and not have to be badgered to recruit people. Sure they got her training and licensed but would forever be indentured to her upline unless she produced or recruited. There are a lot of successful agents that are NOT with WFG.

Go and get books from the library or Amazon and educate yourself on how marketing, sales, and networking works. So you can properly build your insurance agency. These are valuable trainings that your upline from WFG never trained you.

Selling to friends and family is nothing. Real sales comes when you go into the cold market. There, you'll find out if this is a career you should be in or not.

Back