Life after WFG.......where to go next?

Do you want sales or to build a team? Sounds like you had a upline that wasn't a good fit for you. Something you need to understand is you have the right to run your business as you see fit as long as your within company guidelines. That being said being new to the company and industry can be a challenge.

I am told the WFG model is the only model that works which is why their company continues to grow. They offer the full solution helping the middle class but they push IULs that are expense. I felt we should have offered TERM at times but IUL was the king. I want to work for a company that truly helps customers finding something that works for THEM. WFG helped me learn the business by attending weekly meetings so I thank them for that. However, they only focus on recruiting non-stop and I feel I am not learning the actual business. Thanks again all for your feedback.
They are a company focused on "recruit first, product second." Learn what you can and move on to better compensation based company. If you want to build their are plenty of companies out there that do this.

It’s good that you found the forum. You can skip a few steps now. Usually WFG agents will matriculate to AIL, then Symmetry/Equis and are completely broke and/or jaded by the time they talk to an organization that has a system that is easy to replicate and will teach you how to produce first and then has an agency growing platform that is plug and play. No need to pitch family or friends EVER.

If you have some cash/credit for leads and can follow a proven system, hit us up. Schedule a Time Convenient For You - LearningFE

It’s good that you found the forum. You can skip a few steps now. Usually WFG agents will matriculate to AIL, then Symmetry/Equis and are completely broke and/or jaded by the time they talk to an organization that has a system that is easy to replicate and will teach you how to produce first and then has an agency growing platform that is plug and play. No need to pitch family or friends EVER.

If you have some cash/credit for leads and can follow a proven system, hit us up. Schedule a Time Convenient For You - LearningFE
Have you ever worked for Symmetry? I have worked for WFG, Primerica and they have the same model. SFG is completely different. Like Day and Night. Its produce first build an agency last. At least that is what I put into it.

Have you ever worked for Symmetry? I have worked for WFG, Primerica and they have the same model. SFG is completely different. Like Day and Night. Its produce first build an agency last. At least that is what I put into it.

Like I said, it’s a step in the right direction, but still well short of where a producing agent or agency manager should want to be.

They start folks at 60% and that’s only for MoO TLE. Most of the other products are 10-25% less.

Then they’re selling and reselling leads over and over again. You have to produce so much just to have the ability to purchase full price fresh leads.

No I have never worked there, but I work with dozens of ex-SFG agents. I know their system well. The guys that got in early can and will make bank. Just like any other MLM.

If you like Mortgage Protection and are ok starting at 60%, I have a downline agency that came from Equis (almost exact same model as Symmetry) and he will start you at 60% and not only give you free leads, but free Pre-set appointments.

If you’re an agency builder, he will give you 30 agents to manage in your first 6 months and help you scale up from there.

I know someone working with equis that spends a ton of time interviewing new prospective agents to join the company. I guess that is part of their system, I haven't really discussed it much I just know they aren't making much money and spending alot of time.

That is because recruits make the best clients, often as a way of proving loyalty and a willingness to follow the "winning system" or to "test drive" the products.

Not always true. My business partner spoke to a MLM agency manager from People Helping People (PHP). She has a hard time keeping recruits' policy enforced. The moment the new recruit realized that their Million Dollar Dream won't be coming true, they drop out of the game and also cancel their policy. The only reason they bought it in the first place was because they were told to buy it. They bought the policy not because they needed or believe in it, they bought it because of the Dream. Once that Dream died, so did the policy. Charged back is a B***h. Selling Dreams to sell Life Insurance has too much flaws in my opinion.

Last edited:
Just a point of info depending on the organization life production isn't the only way to make income.

Just a point of info depending on the organization life production isn't the only way to make income.
So true. There's selling training dvds, or hosting seminars, or running a weekend Power Builder retreat......just scratching the surface.

Back