Life and Health Carriers in Ohio - Prev Primarily P&C Agency

Alexander I Gessel

I am a second generation property & casualty agent, and currently work in my father's independent agency in central Ohio.. He started on the captive side with Farmers Insurance, and hasn't done a whole lot of life since leaving them, while never having really dove into Health at all either... Having focused on primarily Commercial P&C risks as a mechanism to truly gain his independence. However, I plan to obtain my Life & Health License very soon, and expand our agency expertise in a big way.. We are essentially a new agent/ agency to the market in our region, having only one direct life insurance carrier that I am aware of in EMC; what other carriers and products would fellow agents in the Mid West, or specifically Ohio recommend?? Do you think Life on top of Health, on top of P&C are too much for one agent?! Should I just do Life with of course my P&C work? or is Health not as tedious a product offering as I've, at times, been lead to believe it is?.. I really appreciate any insight and advice I may be given, and look forward to participating in many beneficial discussions here as well; thanks!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back