Life Appointments - Direct, GA, FMO

Steve

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
When dealing with Life Appointment, I've seen a number of comments on "direct appointments" being the best way to go, when possible.

Contrarily, it's also been suggested to me that an agent is much better off going through a good GA or FMO -- higher commissions without the minimum production requirements, better support, etc.

I'm looking for a discussion on this from those of you without a goal of solicitation...

If the FMO will grant you a release without conditions then there is no reason not to use one.

Here's the wording from one FMO regarding releases. I find it very honest.

Q. Will Health Choice One release me immediately if I decide to move my contracts elsewhere?
A. Yes. We feel that it is unfair to make agents “sit out” and not write policies for 6 months in order to move their contracts. If your contracts are as-earned, we‘ll grant you a release immediately up your request. If you owe money to an insurance company for chargebacks and you either pay off your account or transfer the debt, we’ll release you immediately.

Rick

If the FMO will grant you a release without conditions then there is no reason not to use one.

Here's the wording from one FMO regarding releases. I find it very honest.

Q. Will Health Choice One release me immediately if I decide to move my contracts elsewhere?
A. Yes. We feel that it is unfair to make agents “sit out” and not write policies for 6 months in order to move their contracts. If your contracts are as-earned, we‘ll grant you a release immediately up your request. If you owe money to an insurance company for chargebacks and you either pay off your account or transfer the debt, we’ll release you immediately.

Rick

Many but not all of the competitive life carriers allow multiple appointments with multiple GA's so if you want to go with another GA, MGA, or whatever they are called this week, then just get appointed with them and forget about the other one. Check first, from the carrier's contracting department as to what their rules are before signing up with anyone. If the MGA, FMO gives you the straight scoop, that's a plus but not to be relied upon.

Winter

Latest posts

Back