Life Continuing Education and Designations

I'm a new independent agent dealing with life only (some annuities). I've had a few good sales, and I'm taking earnings on an as-earned basis. I've got to do 24 hours CE before October 2011. My question is, since I've got to do the CE anyway, what designations mean the most, or can I learn the most from? Might as well have the training count for more than just CE.

Thanks in advance.

Check out webce.com and take cont ed courses in the type(s) of insurance you sell. The training for "designations" cost thousands of dollars and often means nothing to your client, if you plan on doing major estate planning than hook up with NYL or MetLife and let them pay for the training and designations you need. (CLU requires 3 yrs exp to use the designation, use this time to make some money, take a low cost ce course every couple months and build some savings before spending)

(about 80% of those with designations get them for their ego)

Last edited:
(about 80% of those with designations get them for their ego)

Ahmen!

The most successful person I know in the industry (income from production in the multi millions) doesn't have a single designation, at least not that he's willing to admit to.

Back