Life, Health or Senior

coop5054

I may be posting in the wrong spot, so forgive me if I have. This is my first post .

I have been in the P & C business for many years. I hate the business and would like to leave it, but I have to be careful because I need the health insurance. I know I would go on COBRA which is high.

Anyway, I would like to sell Life or health or Senior products but I don't have any idea where to turn. I would need to start part-time and ease into it.

I actually signed up last year with a couple of companies , but the problem was I needed a little training and the GA's were out of state, so I basically ended up with a pile different sales kits and had no idea how to market the products. Some of the companies offered leads but I had to buy them up front and I don't really have the money. The one time I did buy leads a few years back for mortgage leads with NAA they were junk.

I'm looking for a company that would allow me to work part-time to start and provide me with quality leads. I'm willing to pay for them but I would like it if they could put in on my agent statement.

Last, I would need like kind of mentoring from the company to help me to get knowdgeable about the products.

Any ideas and help are appreciated.

The best way is to buy leads yourself, or do some kind of advertising, but like you said that costs up front. Some captive companies have free leads, but then, your well...captive. Could be the best way to go because the training and leads may well be worth it to you. Health was my first market when I was really rolling with Life as my second love. I broke into the biz with Med supps at first and had some success, but the captive part was too constraining. Also seniors can be hard to deal with in some ways (they are conditioned by media and government to be paranoid, which in some ways is kind of justifiable as they are preyed upon).

Insure Mojo advised that he goes on "walk and talks" where he just "beats feet" and meets the people where they live- that is an option of sorts, but it depends on the product you are marketing.

Back