Life Insurance Companies for New Agencies

tenchimunyo

Expert
Life Insurance Companies for New Agencies?

I am the owner of a brokerage in South Louisiana and I have agency appointments for my team and myself (four agents including myself) for major medical and supplemental carriers.

I want to break into the life market with my team, but the carriers that I have individual appointments with via another brokerage (Genworth, Transamerica and Aviva) won't take me on as a general agency because I don't have enough tenure or team members.

What reputable life companies can you all suggest that might contract my new agency with its smaller team? Thanks.

Last edited:
Ohio National, Lafayette Life, and Midland will all appoint you as a Producing General Agent and allow you to contract your team members as agents under your PGA contract.

You'd have a pretty good range of products among those companies.

I have been told, Ohio National is trying to discourage PPGAs from putting agents under them. I was told they find it rarely is beneficial. Obvious, consult your regional to see what he says.

I have been told, Ohio National is trying to discourage PPGAs from putting agents under them. I was told they find it rarely is beneficial. Obvious, consult your regional to see what he says.

I've never really understood the point of being an appointed agent under a PGA when I could just become a PGA, but whatever.

I've never really understood the point of being an appointed agent under a PGA when I could just become a PGA, but whatever.

I thought that as well. Apparently the home office is now thinking the same thing.

Latest posts

Back