Life Insurance for Myself

Supa2001

I am currently working under an independent agency.
Can I still get appointed by a carrier just for my own policy so that I get all the commission?
Is there a fee, E&O or other requirement besides a state life license?
The appointment is going to show up in the licensing page? Can I just get unappointed right after?
Sounds stupid?
I am so sick of our agency's structure =/
Thanks!

Can I still get appointed by a carrier just for my own policy so that I get all the commission?
The appointment is going to show up in the licensing page? Can I just get unappointed right after?
Sounds stupid?
Thanks!

Some, but not all carriers allow you to do direct licensing. However, most of the time you'll want to join an FMO/IMO.

If there's a particular carrier you like, why not just buy it from one of their agents?

Sounds stupid?
Thanks!

No company will want you to to appoint with them and immedietely write policies on yourself or family members. That is a red flag. Agents often do that to get advanced commissions and then cancel the policies or lapse them.

You need to write some other business with them first.

Also, why would you write different business for yourself than you are selling to the public? Own what you sell. If you go independent later, you can rewrite with any company you want.

No company will want you to to appoint with them and immedietely write policies on yourself or family members. That is a red flag. Agents often do that to get advanced commissions and then cancel the policies or lapse them.

You need to write some other business with them first.

Also, why would you write different business for yourself than you are selling to the public? Own what you sell. If you go independent later, you can rewrite with any company you want.

I agree with you100%.

Most companies call this controlled business and they don't want it. Most companies will not advance you if they do allow you to do this.

Thanks for the advice.
I want to get an official training first, but it seems the market is bad right now.
I emailed one of NYL's recruiter about the training, and she stopped replying back. LOL..
They probably have tons of people from LEH, AIG, ML looking for job...?

Latest posts

Back