Life Insurance for over 75?

TonyC

Guru
100+ Post Club
Is there decent life insurance "coverage" available to someone age 76?

How high can the coverage go?

~Tony

Agents I work with never have problems writing policies for seniors. Most of them do a life settlement on the active policy and then write a new policy for their client that better suites their current needs. These policy holders all have LE's of less than 20 years.

"Very Healthy" is a very relative term. Very healthy to a 85yr old and a 65 yr old are two completely different things. I know of a producer that just wrote a policy on a 78 yr old woman with a LE of 10 years. The premiums are high, but that is expected when buying a large policy at that age.

jarmour an 87 yr old is a great age for a life settlement. You should be able to get at least 30% of face on a policy of that age, but this thread is talking about writing life not reselling unwanted policies.

AIG American General has issue ages of up to 85.

If the person is in Georgia, send them my way. :yes:

jarmour an 87 yr old is a great age for a life settlement. You should be able to get at least 30% of face on a policy of that age, but this thread is talking about writing life not reselling unwanted policies.

30% is a great return? If you run the numbers, someone is making money and it isn't the 87 year old. It's a ripoff.

Back