Life Insurance for People with HIV

That's really sad. Insurers (everyone actually) should be able to discriminate in any way they please.

I'm not entirely sure about that.

If this drug truly is preventative, then being punished for being proactive on your health is rather stupid. It may require an additional questionnaire or something along those lines.

Health-wise, we know that same-sex relations, particularly between men, has health "activity" before being allowed to donate. So we already know there is something there that health officials don't want being mixed in with other "clean blood" (for lack of a better term). If that's the case, then more conservative insurers SHOULD discriminate and perhaps lower the health classification of the policy, but not necessarily reject it outright.

I simply don't know. I'm trying to see it on both sides.

That's really sad. Insurers (everyone actually) should be able to discriminate in any way they please.

When told you will take more risk in one area of the market, to balance the sheet you have to raise rates in the area more likely offset "bad" business. The simple law of numbers never bends or concedes to one's feelings about an issue.

Seriously?

Do you have any idea of the implications of what you just said?

I discriminate all the time on who I want my kids to be around and who not to be around. And if they need (or when they needed a babysitter) you bet your round bum I discriminated all over the place!

They don't call me Papa Bear for nothing! :yes:

Interesting DHK. I have actually received a preferred plus rating for a guy on Truvada. I did not realize some carriers thought otherwise on the med.

I did a pre-screen for a guy on Truvada and about half the carriers were a decline due to its use. Placed with AIG at T2 due to some other health issues, not sure how much the Truvada played into that. Guardian told me the long-term side effects of Truvada are still unknown and that was the reason for a decline response.

Seriously?

Do you have any idea of the implications of what you just said?

I do know the implications of what I said.

And no I wasn't referring to underwriting only.

I think any business should be able to discriminate in any way they please. It's their business, so why should the government be able dictate their preferences?

For example, if a business doesn't want to hire or serve people who are white, I think they should be legally allowed to do so. I see no problem with that. I'm white, and I wouldn't care. I wouldn't want to patronize an *** who didn't want my business purely because I was white. I'd gladly find another business who wasn't stupid.

Personally, I wouldn't be one to do this, but I think others should be free to do so if that truly is their desire.

As a Christian man, I would never date a Muslim/morman/JW/Jewish/etc woman. Thank God I have the freedom to make that choice. I think it should be the same way for businesses.

I think any business should be able to discriminate in any way they please. It's their business, so why should the government be able dictate their preferences?

Why? The government is doing such a good job with our schools, and look what a great job with health care. Think how much money we made when they sold uranium to our enemies, not to mention the wonderful IT issues they have been able to overcome with at home servers for government officials. And all the colluding they have uncovered.

Now how could you not want folks like that telling you how to run your life and what decisions you can make for your self... :goofy:

I think too many people believe that the bible verse that says "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." ...

to mean "don't think". You're not supposed to think or judge or evaluate me.

judge-1.jpg

I did a pre-screen for a guy on Truvada and about half the carriers were a decline due to its use. Placed with AIG at T2 due to some other health issues, not sure how much the Truvada played into that. Guardian told me the long-term side effects of Truvada are still unknown and that was the reason for a decline response.

It was placed with ANICO. Obviously no other health issues and obviously an Aps and exam but everything came out spot on. This was about a year ago.

Back