Life Insurance for Private Pilots

SusieQ2

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a 72 year old male in excellent health that wants a 20 year term policy. He is a pilot with all proper certifications, hours, etc.

What would be the best company? So far in my research it looks like best chances are with Transamerica?

I have a 72 year old male in excellent health that wants a 20 year term policy. He is a pilot with all proper certifications, hours, etc.

What would be the best company? So far in my research it looks like best chances are with Transamerica?

Age aside, if he has a "better" rating than VFR it should not be an issue.

I know of one company that will issue up to preferred for VFR pilots but his age would then be a problem.

Rick

You may want to double check on Trans with your BGA....they used to have an age 70/71 cutoff for pilots..i think they still may.

You really need to find out if he has his IFR, and what his total flying hours are, average hours per year, and how many hours in his present airplane?

Look at Prudential, Lincoln Benefit, Minnesota,

LFG usually does well with pilots, although they won't do a 20 year term on a 72 year old. You would have to use their GUL product.

I was told by Trans that they would take him. Unless the underwriter is wrong, I've had that happen before:no:

I have a private pilot client in his early 70's and ING went Super Preferred on 2 term apps I have done past 3 years. Lincoln Financial and Prudential each went preferred. ING easily the best, but don't know about 20 year term though. We did 10 year.

Last edited:
Back