Life Insurance for Someone Very Unhealthy

What is a graded plan?
well that's a tricky question. Graded could mean 30%/70%/100% or more likely and in most cases it means to year return of premium 100% death benefits after 24 months.but again, if you really want some help we need to know some specifics. Just because someone is in poor health does not mean that they need a two-year waiting period on their life insurance.

What is a graded plan?

Year 1:
Death Benefit equals return
of premium plus 5%

Year 2:
Death Benefit equals return
of premium plus 10%

Year 3:
Death Benefit equals 75%
of the face amount

Year 4+:
Death Benefit equals
100% of the face amount

Year 1: Death Benefit equals return of premium plus 5% Year 2: Death Benefit equals return of premium plus 10% Year 3: Death Benefit equals 75% of the face amount Year 4+: Death Benefit equals 100% of the face amount
yeah this is not the type of plan you were looking for. Literally every other guaranteed issue plan is better than less. No ethical agent with Solis sell this

What is a graded plan?

Which companies offer them?

Is there some reason why you won't let us help you? If you tell us the health problems and meds, you might be surprised. Without knowing that, can't recommend anything but GI, and he might be able to do better.

----------

Americo GI - $10k = about $95 a month . . . No Health Questions. 3-year graded death benefit . . .

Terrible idea Lamb Chops. Gerber is 110% ROP year one and 100% for sickness in year 3. Gerber is $38.41 a month, so I'd say Gerber's about 4 times better.:biggrin:

Is there some reason why you won't let us help you? If you tell us the health problems and meds, you might be surprised. Without knowing that, can't recommend anything but GI, and he might be able to do better. ---------- Terrible idea Lamb Chops. Gerber is 110% ROP year one and 100% for sickness in year 3. Gerber is $38.41 a month, so I'd say Gerber's about 4 times better.:biggrin:
even Great Western would be better, much better and I know one life has them because I replace it with Gerber ha ha when I run into it

Is there some reason why you won't let us help you? If you tell us the health problems and meds, you might be surprised. Without knowing that, can't recommend anything but GI, and he might be able to do better.

----------

Terrible idea Lamb Chops. Gerber is 110% ROP year one and 100% for sickness in year 3. Gerber is $38.41 a month, so I'd say Gerber's about 4 times better.:biggrin:

It depends. If he dies in the first 2 years then Americo was the better plan.

----------

What is a graded plan?

Which companies offer them?

Why doesn't he just buy term and invest the difference? Mass Mutual writes 16 tables and it only pays ~45% commission. You can donate that to his family trust to kickstart his investment program.

It depends. If he dies in the first 2 years then Americo was the better plan.

For the agent, not sure what the chargeback rules are for Americo.

For the policyholder, she'd come out $9.87 ahead with Americo if she dies in 11 months...$129.37 ahead with Americo if she dies in the 23rd month. If she dies in the 25th month, she's lost $3,909 by having Americo, and it gets worse each month for the policyholder.

When you figure that that Americo policy won't be on the books very long at that price, is it really good for the agent?:nah:

Back