Life Insurance for Unhealthy Kids?

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
Does anybody know of a final expense type insurance company who will accept kids who have had health problems?

I have a lady with a daughter age 9 who had a kidney transplant at age 4. Has done real well ever since but pretty hard to insure I would think.

I can get her with a pre-need company but only with 10-year pay and this family needs a longer payment period to stay within their budget.

Any suggestions? If it helps, mom is healthy and will also buy a policy.

May have to go with a graded policy. At one time I had info from Western Southern on a graded policy, has premium rates for kids. Do not know if still available -or if available in your state. Do some searching on the net.

Check with Aflac. They have Term to 25 policies for kids as long as they're in good health at time of application. Polices then converts to whole life.

I'm talking a kid with a serious health problem...ORGAN TRANSPLANT! Not healthy!

Graded issue is fine. Does anyone know of a company that would take her? Preferably whole-life, not term.

The above link is just one company, there are many who offer graded policies, but most start at issue age 20 or 40, so it is odd that I had rates for one company to write kids a graded policy, and that was Western Southern, and rates are good probably only in my state, but there are probably more companies out there that write graded on kids, you just have to research it a little, & state by state there are differences.

I'm talking a kid with a serious health problem...ORGAN TRANSPLANT! Not healthy!

Graded issue is fine. Does anyone know of a company that would take her? Preferably whole-life, not term.
Western-Southern as mentioned. The only downside is that in time, there may be a possibility that more may be paid into it than what it is worth. Hit me up and I can get you a projection. It is non-participating whole life. The minimum age is 5 years old and max is 69.

Last edited:
Back