Life Insurance Headlines

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
I saw a headline the other day that made me think of you "life only" agents. I've been marketing P & C for 20+years and I put 30-40 life policies on the books a year with very little (or no) effort. Otherwise, marketing to these folks for life only must be a huge challenge. I was considering trying to find a way to adapt this headline to appeal to cross selling a few more of my P & C clients with life. The headline went something like........
"Survey results just in, Mortality rates still 100%"

So... what do you true life guys think? Will that keep my audience reading on?

Uh... NO. The avg consumer likely wouldn't understand, without some explanation, what a mortality rate is...

You might wish to change the wording... from "Mortality" to "Death", then they will get it... although still, I am not sure that this is going to grab someone to buy life ins... I would try something along the lines of:

"New, lower rates for life insurance just released. You could be paying too much, as much as 30-40 or 50% too much for the same product, if you have the old kind of life insurance."

People are living longer today, and if you have a newer policy you can take advantage of those savings. See 1Manshow for a cost savings quote."

Maybe use some sample low term rates for comparison sake.. by age bands and face amt ranges... to grab their attention. Or since you know their age, why not tailor a personalized quote for them, send a couple along... then follow it up with a phone call to see if they viewed the quote, and if they have any questions... Let them know that 7 or 8 out of 10 of clients show extreme interest in these products... blah, blah.

I saw a headline the other day that made me think of you "life only" agents. I've been marketing P & C for 20+years and I put 30-40 life policies on the books a year with very little (or no) effort. Otherwise, marketing to these folks for life only must be a huge challenge. I was considering trying to find a way to adapt this headline to appeal to cross selling a few more of my P & C clients with life. The headline went something like........

I think you are a great agent and it is neat to see someone trying new stuff.

I don't know if I like the headline. How about something to do with the new 2001 CSO tables.

"Life Insurance Rates Slashed. The IRS says as of 2009 Insurance Companies must offer the New Cheaper Life Insurance."

Last edited:
Uh... NO. The avg consumer likely wouldn't understand, without some explanation, what a mortality rate is
...​

Seriously !! Wow... I thought that was taught in 10grade health class​

Well it caught my eye and I guess I got carried away....​

So....Recent Survey Confirms.....Death Rates still at 100% would or would not be a good lead in? according to forum opinion​

thanks for the compliment bobson​

...​
Well it caught my eye and I guess I got carried away....​
So....Recent Survey Confirms.....Death Rates still at 100% would or would not be a good lead in? according to forum opinion​
thanks for the compliment bobson​

Well, technically mortality rates are expressed as number of deaths per 1000 in a population in a given time frame. A 100% mortality rate would mean that in a given time period, 100% of a given population perished. So, a 100% mortality rate in the USA would mean everyone in the country died.

...and the death rate is the crude expression of the mortality rate of a given population, unfiltered for any demographic factors.

My sincere apologies -- I am a statistics nerd. I am a huuuuuge statistics nerd. This is probably even more irritating than the "Alot" Correction Police :1laugh:

...​

I think many of us, myself especially, get caught in the trap of thinking that "everyone knows this stuff" because we've dealt with it so much that its part of our mental DNA.

Despite others opinions, I thought that was funny, and I would keep reading only if it was presented with ANOTHER saying that displayed the savings benefit that old lifers can obtain, and another statement for ones that haven't yet purchased life insurance.
Awesome Eye Opener, you just got to figure out who your prospect is, people who arent new to life or are, or both, depending on 1.2.3. you will want a line that clarifies value for them to consider the rest of your presentation.
Great line, i might use that one of these days as a joke or rapport builder. Thank YOU

"Insurance Rates Dropping due to new IRS regulation. Life Insurance Industry shivering but consumers applauding! Insurance insider recommends you check your rates right now to see what is out there."

Back