Life insurance instant approval

If you're going to do it for a fee, then you should be licensed in your state as an analyst.

Here is the link in California: Life and Disability Insurance Analyst

A Life and Disability Insurance Analyst is a person who, for a fee or compensation of any kind, paid by or derived from any person or source other than an insurer, advises, purports to advise, or offers to advise any person insured under, named as beneficiary of, or having any interest in, a life or disability insurance contract, in any manner concerning that contract or his or her rights in respect thereto.

You are right DHK. Insurance consultant refers to a person who advises or offers to advise in the area of life and health insurance. Simply put, the insurance consultant offers his or her service for a fee. As DHK said, " It's all perception."

It absolutely is not perception.

Here's what the DOI says about it;

A consultant is an individual or business entity who is paid by someone other than an insurer to advise a client relative to coverage, advisability, rights, or interests under an insurance or annuity contract, existing or proposed. This individual must hold a consultant license for property and casualty and/or a consultant license for life and health. Further, the applicant must qualify separately for each of these consultant licenses.

As soon as he said that he does it for a fee, that changed everything. In California, it's called an Analyst license. Looks like the DOI (I assume Kentucky) says Consultant instead of Analyst.

Got to be in compliance with whatever state - particularly if charging a fee.

Now it IS possible to be a consultant and charge for various services - such as business valuations, buy/sell funding, personal financial planning (aside from analyzing current policies or securities holdings)... but to analyze someone's coverage for a fee would require the appropriate state license.

Sue he's an agent. His license info is in his signature. He is choosing to position himself as a consultant rather than an agent. It's all perception. Those links were meant to show why one may choose to promote and position themselves as a consultant rather than as an agent.

I'm calling BS on that. I think it's illegal to promote yourself as a consultant if you are not licensed as a consultant.

This rings of that shady stuff of agents calling themselves "field underwriters" to deceive the person into thinking they are not dealing with an agent.

If one is ashamed of being an agent then one needs to stop being an agent.

Depends on your state. Different states use different terminology. California uses 'analyst' while whatever state you quoted uses 'consultant'. It's not applicable in every state.

I don't want to be called an agent. That lumps me in with everyone else. I operate very differently and I have additional certifications. I use my designation as my title: Chartered Financial Consultant. And anyone who has earned that designation can use it in any state.

http://www.financialsoftware.com/pracbldr/documents/WhyLifeAgentsHaveaPoorImagebyEdMorrow.pdf

Now, if you want to call yourself a Registered Financial Consultant, it's (too) easy to do that. Just pay a fee and pass a background check with the IARFC and you can have permission to either be an RFC or RFA. (You'd have to pass a comprehensive exam to be an MRFC - their accredited designation.)

DESIGNATED PROFESSIONALS

Last edited:
Depends on your state. Different states use different terminology. California uses 'analyst' while whatever state you quoted uses 'consultant'. It's not applicable in every state.

I don't want to be called an agent. That lumps me in with everyone else. I operate very differently and I have additional certifications. I use my designation as my title: Chartered Financial Consultant. And anyone who has earned that designation can use it in any state.

http://www.financialsoftware.com/pracbldr/documents/WhyLifeAgentsHaveaPoorImagebyEdMorrow.pdf

Now, if you want to call yourself a Registered Financial Consultant, it's (too) easy to do that. Just pay a fee and pass a background check with the IARFC and you can have permission to either be an RFC or RFA. (You'd have to pass a comprehensive exam to be an MRFC - their accredited designation.)

DESIGNATED PROFESSIONALS

So you're not an agent either?

As for the other discussion, it's completely different to have a consultive selling style vs presenting ones self as a consultant when they are not licensed to do so.

Not to mention it's illegal.

You mean it's against your state's insurance code. It's illegal in Kentucky.

It's not illegal in California.

It's not illegal in Georgia (where his resident state license is).

Since Kentucky's DOI website (whom I assume is where you quoted that paragraph earlier) says they have a "Consultant license", you have to be in compliance with your state's marketing. I recommend being in compliance for your state.

I sure hope you don't call yourself a consultant without having the right license in Kentucky.

Looks like Bobby39's account has been deleted/removed from the forum. Don't know how or why, so it's a moot point at this point.

You mean it's against your state's insurance code. It's illegal in Kentucky.

It's not illegal in California.

It's not illegal in Georgia (where his resident state license is).

Since Kentucky's DOI website (whom I assume is where you quoted that paragraph earlier) says they have a "Consultant license", you have to be in compliance with your state's marketing. I recommend being in compliance for your state.

I sure hope you don't call yourself a consultant without having the right license in Kentucky.

I would never call myself a consultant or an underwriter.

And I believe it would also be illegal in Ca to present yourself as something you are not to sell life insurance.

If your intent is to deceive, and that seems to be what you are saying?, then it's got to be illegal.

Back