Life Insurance leads

Hello everyone I am new to the forum. I am a licensed life insurance agent just starting out. I am based in Ohio. If any of you have leads or anything i can do to get leads. Any help and any tips will help and be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Hello everyone I am new to the forum. I am a licensed life insurance agent just starting out. I am based in Ohio. If any of you have leads or anything i can do to get leads. Any help and any tips will help and be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Welcome to the forum! What market are you interested in? Are you a captive agent to one company, or part of a marketing group, or simply independent? Do you have a budget for leads? Share a little more about yourself and your business so we'll know better how to help.

Hi Guru
Thanks for your response, I am an independent life insurance agent with transamerica. As of now i have no budget to buy leads.

Hi Guru
Thanks for your response, I am an independent life insurance agent with transamerica. As of now i have no budget to buy leads.
What type of clientele do you want to focus on? Families? Seniors? Middle class? Blue collar? Upper income? Lower income? Your answer to that question will help with the answer to your original question. How to get leads. The type of marketing approach you use is at least partly driven by who you're trying to reach with it.

When I've had $0 for leads, I just went out and knocked on doors. It's not ideal, and doesn't work for every type of clientele. But here's an excellent article written by forum member Glenn Shelton on the topic:
The Complete Guide to Door-to-Door Cold Knocking - Lead Heroes

The blog section of his site is full of helpful info of this kind.

Last edited:
Thank you very much shonceman. I am looking for family, upper income, Middle class, couple and Blue collar.
Ok. Door knocking works best in the blue collar neighborhoods. Just knock every door up one side of the street and down the other. Best to go between 4-6 pm to catch the most people home.

A suggestion for a free list of slightly warmer leads is to see if your local library has a subscription to ReferenceUSA. You can use that to find new movers in a zip code. As I'm sure you're aware, moving - especially buying a home - is a life event that helps people be more open to life insurance. If you door knock these, you're going by to welcome them to the neighborhood, then pivoting the conversation toward life insurance needs. You don't have to do this, but it works even better if you've got some kind of small giveaway for them such as a calendar, a pen, a gift card to Chick-fil-a, or whatever. Don't forget to "clover", which is knocking the doors on either side of, and across from the lead.

Another suggestion is to look in your local newspaper for wedding and birth announcements. You won't usually find these in the big city papers, but smaller community papers will often publish these as they have space available.

If door knocking doesn't appeal to you, and you'd rather call on the phone for appointments, another forum member runs a website called ListShack.com. For a subscription of $50/month, you can download up to 5,000 names with telephone numbers each month. You can filter the names in several ways, including new movers.

Last edited:
Thanks

There's plenty of things you can do for free! How tech saavy are you?
If you're relatively saavy, we're producing an easy to use guide that will show you how to generate your own leads leveraging digital tech in May.

Keep your eyes open!

Best of luck

That will be great. I am not very tech savvy but i am very willing to follow directions. Thanks you very much. I will be looking out for that. Thanks

Back