life insurance mentoring

Nick Chupack

I was wondering if anyone know of a good mentoring source for life insurance agents. I have been in the business for 20 years done pretty well but wanted to take the next step up. Just looking for someone to mentor me

Since I don't know your market, specialization, background (other than time in business), here's a list of my favorite resources.

Insurance Pro Shop has many valuable resources to help you become a better producer:
www.insuranceproshop.com

Sandy Schussel's Mastering Client Referrals is a great resource:
www.sandyschussel.com/products

www.sidwalker.com - Get access to his "Selling Without Wrestling" site for FREE (formerly $47/month)

Prosperity Economic Advisors Member - Honorary membership is free

Wayne Cotton has a great mind to follow in this business:
Precision Growth Newsletter Archives
Precision Growth Newsletter Archives

Let's see:

Insurance pro shop does coaching.

Sid Walker does coaching.

Sandy Schussel no longer does because he has an exclusive contract with a broker/dealer, but he has excellent materials.

Wayne Cotton does miscellaneous things for those who buy his referral system for $2,500 and join his "cotton club" for $1,500/year. I'm sure there are ways to hire Wayne Cotton as a coach.

The more specific you are, the more specific I can be.

I am convinced that real mentoring, such as "on the job training" is dead (or extremely rare). Unless you contract under someone, join a MLM company, or in a career agency (good luck), no one mentors for free. That's one reason why coaching and publishing for the industry has soared.

Look - when I got started, I had lunch with a past-president of the MDRT. I asked him for guidance and direction. I was sorely disappointed with his advice/guidance.

Later I got into a partnership with an MDRT producer... and he couldn't teach me anything. Sure, he was an MDRT member and had the CLF (management) designation, but he was a terrible teacher. Why? Because he couldn't articulate why and how he was successful. All he did was (sloppily) work networking groups and get referrals... even though I couldn't figure out how and why he was successful.

I was even a part of the MDRT mentoring thing. We got recordings from the MDRT catalog to study... and that was good, but wasn't integrated into what we were doing (or trying to do).

Mentoring

If you want training and guidance... in today's business environment, you're going to have to search for it and pay for it. Nothing out there for free... and those who do offer "mentoring", I often wonder what the catch is.

And no one seems to be a master at every aspect of the business. That's why I posted various resources as each has its place in the way that I work. Prospecting, fact-finding, case proposal generation, referral generation, business management, and practice growth... all are incorporated in those resources I posted.

i have relationships with p and c agents and basically work their books. I write pretty much everything. Term, UL, IUL, fixed annuities, disability, and LTC

Back