Life Insurance Reasons to Deny Death Benefits

I am still relatively new to the business but I just want to see if any of you have seen a death benefit claim get denied, and if so what was the reason. After 2 years, i know suicide would get covered but what could an insurance company say to deny a claim after this period? Any stories would be great thanks!

Murder!

People buy insurance policies on their husbands or wifes all the time and then kill them, thinking they will cash in that policy.

Most of the time they get caught.

I am still relatively new to the business but I just want to see if any of you have seen a death benefit claim get denied, and if so what was the reason. After 2 years, i know suicide would get covered but what could an insurance company say to deny a claim after this period? Any stories would be great thanks!

I have seen 1. Actually JNL only denied 1 of her claims. They paid on the other policy that was past the 2 yrs. I understand that the other 10+ companies all denied their claims. I did not write any of these.

I did have one that the company first denied (IMO rightfully) due to lapse status. After everyone lawyered up, And I called my E&O carrier. The company caved and paid her a third of the claim to go away.

Lee

People buy insurance policies on their husbands or wifes all the time and then kill them, thinking they will cash in that policy.

All the time?

Just how bad is it in Griffin?

Not I. I do not see the value in most cases. I can only remember 3 claims that were accidental.

Not only does the cause of death have to be an accident, but death must occur within a certain period of time. Typically 90 to 180 days after the accident.

When they give it away, it doesn't have much value.

Back