Life Insurance

scarlett

Hello All,
I am looking for some feedback on Liberty Life. I am curious if anyone is contracted, if they are captive or non, how their rates size up, etc. I did a search here on the forum and found a couple of posts indicating they have very competitive smoker rates. I spoke with a prospect today who had a quote from Liberty that sounded too good to be true. I would appreciate any input any of you may have.

Carolyn

Liberty's main target is smokers.

90% of the time they are going to be the best rate out there for smokers.

They aren't captive; you can access them through a brokerage house.

They aren't very time-efficient when it comes to processing the business.

Hello All,
I am looking for some feedback on Liberty Life. I am curious if anyone is contracted, if they are captive or non, how their rates size up, etc. I did a search here on the forum and found a couple of posts indicating they have very competitive smoker rates. I spoke with a prospect today who had a quote from Liberty that sounded too good to be true. I would appreciate any input any of you may have.

Carolyn

Just be sure that smoking is the only factor the client presents. Otherwise, you have to know how strong their underwriting is or is not with the other factors. Some of the smoker savings could take a hit if their "peferred smoker" (or whatever the equivalent rating is) rating is hard to get or they get rated up if they have high blood pressure that is well controlled by med, and so on.

I am appointed with Liberty but dont do any business with them. I am aware of the good smoker rates but just dont hear enough all round good things about the carrier. I could change with more input from those in the know.

Winter

I do a fair amount of business with Liberty for my smoking clients. I haven't experienced anything negative, U/W is good, commissions are good, no annualization.

Back