Life Inverstors LTC

Superchief

Guru
100+ Post Club
TEXAS
Does anyone know anything about Life Investors LTC product?

I cannot find anything about them on the Texas DOI, although many other companies have great info posted there.

A new med supp client of mine has her LTC policy thru Life Investors and she just received a pretty healthy increase and asked if I might be able to find a better plan.

I know what her current benefits / options are; I'm just trying to get info on Life Investors to see what they may have "built-in" to their policy.

Thanks!

Does anyone know anything about Life Investors LTC product?

I cannot find anything about them on the Texas DOI, although many other companies have great info posted there.

A new med supp client of mine has her LTC policy thru Life Investors and she just received a pretty healthy increase and asked if I might be able to find a better plan.

I know what her current benefits / options are; I'm just trying to get info on Life Investors to see what they may have "built-in" to their policy.

Thanks!

Are you sure it is with Life Investors? I write for them and just checked the agent website and cannot find any LTC materials.

I write for Life Investors also, and am not aware of a LTC product for them?

Could it possibly be a UL with a LTC rider? Should not have a rate increase in that case however?

I remember Life Investors did write LTC several years ago. But as I recall they, like many others, dropped that line. Probably sold their block to someone else. Existing policyholders would have been advised and are probably being billed by the new carrier.

I think Life Investors had marketed mainly to retired teachers. Is your client an educator, by any chance?

Anyway, there should be a phone # inside that policy, if you want to call their sales dept. You can always ask "what happened"?

Yeah, I found some info finally that said they quit accepting new policies in 2005.

I also found an article written in 2007 that stated they were denying claims.

I'm sure you can find that type of stuff on just about anyone though.

I used to write Life Investors LTCi, among others, until they stopped issuing new policies in 2005. They retained administration of policies on the books (didn't sell them). To cut costs, they offered lump-sum buy-outs of agent renewal commissions. I took it (and received a check for a tidy sum). I hadn't heard it before, but it doesn't surprise me that they're raising premiums.

all I know is this fn' company screwed me on commissions on the life side....should have known better than to deal with a co. that works with NAA.....

Back