Life lead generation...

Survivor

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I know there are some companies that are selling life insurance leads. Which companies, if any are you using?

I saw one that lists the leads individually, with information such as age of prospect, age of lead, tobacco use, height, weight, and pre-X. It gives a shared cost, and shows how many times the lead has been purchased. I like this because I can cherry pick the leads not only on what's writable, but also on what could be a huge AP (like a 50 yo wanting a 1M 20 term). If I could cherry pick them like that, with the companies products, I'm sure I could write a few.

Opinions?

I'm not familiar with them. It would be interesting to know how many times the lead has been sold prior to them getting it. If it was sold five times and three of those five sold it a few times, that could be problem.

Maybe a good question to ask them.

I like the idea of them just kind of sitting there waiting for an agent to pick the ones they want. But the real issue is how many times they've been bought and sold by another lead company. Would love to know the answer to that one, too...

The other issue is timeliness. If the leads aren't distributed in real time, the prospect may have visited several other websites before you even noticed his name on the Discount Insurance Leads site.

I've tried them out with life, disability, and LTC. Disability are by far the best but the good ones are few and far between. Doesn't seem like a a lot of competition out there for disability, atleast not as much as life and health, plus if someone is requesting information about disability, there seems to be more of a real interest instead of someone just curious and shopping life. I've had better closing ratios with them than most other lead companies. Being able to cherry pick them is also good. I hate getting a lead where it is stated on the lead that their build is out of limits or they have an uninsurable condition like ongoing cancer. Atleast you can save your money on these. I definitely wouldn't buy exclusive, too pricey and I'm sure they been sold more than they're saying.

They claim that new leads are posted 24/7, as they become available.

It almost seems too good to be true that a 12 hour old lead, only purchased once, with all the info, can be purchased for 15 bucks.

Another issue that has come to mind is how little people know about their life insurance needs. IMO, people have a general idea of what they need with health insurance, but I've run into a couple of people that say they want a million dollar policy. When they are 45, live in a trailer, and have a very low net worth what company is going to want to write them on a million dollar policy. I wish it would ask people about their income, otherwise just anybody can say something random on the amount of coverage they want.

Last edited:
Back