Life Leads

HometownQuotes.com

Thanks Josh,

I appreciate the kudo's but IMHO, our Life leads suck. Auto/Home leads I'm proud of the quality but my Life leads....just suck.

Yes, I do sell them, but only with the warning that you will have to mine them for the gold nuggets. You will have a high quantity of bogus leads....I truly wish it wasn't so but that is just the nature of life leads these past couple of years. If you have the right processes & will not let the high return rate get you down, then you can make money with them. We do NOT cap our agents on returns...it is not the agents fault if the lead is bad.

"LGilmore" on this site has been buying our life leads for years now & he has seen 100% return rates at times over the years...but thankfully, he puts up with me:) :swoon:

I already do business with Ericsures, but he was hoping [as I am] that someone might know "who moved the cheese" on the quality life leads & be willing to share with folks here! :1laugh:

Thanks Josh,

I appreciate the kudo's but IMHO, our Life leads suck. Auto/Home leads I'm proud of the quality but my Life leads....just suck.

Yes, I do sell them, but only with the warning that you will have to mine them for the gold nuggets. You will have a high quantity of bogus leads....I truly wish it wasn't so but that is just the nature of life leads these past couple of years. If you have the right processes & will not let the high return rate get you down, then you can make money with them. We do NOT cap our agents on returns...it is not the agents fault if the lead is bad.

"LGilmore" on this site has been buying our life leads for years now & he has seen 100% return rates at times over the years...but thankfully, he puts up with me:) :swoon:

I already do business with Ericsures, but he was hoping [as I am] that someone might know "who moved the cheese" on the quality life leads & be willing to share with folks here! :1laugh:

It's interesting you say that. I bought life leads from you a while ago and while the ROI wasn't good, it was positive. I stopped for a while but just recently ordered auto, life, and medicare leads.

The auto leads have all been terrible. I've been able to quote 2 people so far (I forget how many I've gotten but I was expecting more than 2 quotes at this point) 1 of them doesn't have a bank account and somehow has been paying cash for his current policy, the other I just couldn't save any money on. Can't fault you for either of those. Almost everyone other than those two that I've gotten in touch with is not the same person as the lead or was offered a gift card to request the quote, which you all have been good with so again I can't complain but still I just ditched netquote thinking you all would be a bit better, so far the experience has been the same but with a better return policy. Yes that alone makes it worth it, but I'd still rather not have so many fake phone numbers and people who just signed up for a gift card.

The life leads so far have been slow volume but a good bit better than the other vendors I've used. No sales so far but the people have at least expected my call and haven't complained about being harassed by 100 other agents. I've got a few appointments set for later this week so we'll see.

Only one medicare lead so far. Nice guy but couldn't help him. I may open this up a bit as I'd really like more volume on these.

EDIT: Just had to request a return on 2 more life leads this morning. Looking back over what I've gotten so far I guess the life leads haven't been great either. Still better than any other internet vendors I've used but not good. They are internet leads after all though.

Last edited:
AlTheGud1sRtakn,

Thank you for your comments. What I meant was one has to wade through more Life leads to find a good one vs our Auto/Home.

Have you worked with your Regional Director? I haven't heard we've had any incentivized leads in a long while & if so, our RD's & bogus lead folks need the details. TCPA compliance pretty much killed that stuff off.

What are you doing besides calling the leads? VMail, drip email or ?

Thank you,

AlTheGud1sRtakn,

Thank you for your comments. What I meant was one has to wade through more Life leads to find a good one vs our Auto/Home.

Have you worked with your Regional Director? I haven't heard we've had any incentivized leads in a long while & if so, our RD's & bogus lead folks need the details. TCPA compliance pretty much killed that stuff off.

What are you doing besides calling the leads? VMail, drip email or ?

Thank you,

Well I've just started the leads again in the past few weeks so I haven't discussed it with the RD yet (though he's been great so far in helping me) but I provided that as the reason for the return when I requested it.

And yes, my normal approach is to call, leave a voicemail if I don't get them, and send an email as soon as they come in. From there I call during different times of the day until I get someone and send periodic emails. I've tried door knocking to a limited extent while I'm in the area and it's convenient, but so far I have yet to door knock a lead and have someone answer the door. Overall I find HTQ leads easier to get in touch with, I've just had a lot of incorrect info on leads lately which is the biggest issue.

Chiming in I do like the sincerity of htq so far if we have a bad lead they refund which is the way it should be Im thinking of increasing our volume and hoping to get more solid leads

Latest posts

Back