Life Producer with LTC question!

Philly Fan

A friend of mine is having some issues with her mother. The mothers health is declining and her income is too high to qualify for Medicaid but she can't afford the cost of assisted living, so I thought some LTC plans could help cover them or a LTC facility.

I know this isn't much to go on? Any help would be greatly appreciated? What should I do next?

Thanks!

Webster’s Ductionary.

Declining: the state of being uninsurable for LTCi; Unsuitable. Ineligible.
I watched a woman break down in tears a few years back when she came into my office with her file folder and checkbook, looking for a price on a LTC policy. Wanted to know who to make the check out to. I started to go over the different plans and asked some basic medical questions. She stated that the husband had recently been diagnosed with beginning stages of dementia and Alzheimer's and she wanted to make sure that she had things in order for when he needed care. When I told her that it might be too late since she already had the diagnosis, she broke down. There aren't too many days when I felt lower the whale excrement but that was one of them

I watched a woman break down in tears a few years back when she came into my office with her file folder and checkbook, looking for a price on a LTC policy. Wanted to know who to make the check out to. I started to go over the different plans and asked some basic medical questions. She stated that the husband had recently been diagnosed with beginning stages of dementia and Alzheimer's and she wanted to make sure that she had things in order for when he needed care. When I told her that it might be too late since she already had the diagnosis, she broke down. There aren't too many days when I felt lower the whale excrement but that was one of them

yes, absolutely. I get these calls at least once per week, usually from a child trying to figure out how their parent’s care will be paid for.

Just checked with my sources, Bankers Life and Casualty still offers a Short Term Care policy which is field underwritten. There are a few questions to answer but so long as there has been no diagnosis of mental issues this could be an option for your friend

Just checked with my sources, Bankers Life and Casualty still offers a Short Term Care policy which is field underwritten. There are a few questions to answer but so long as there has been no diagnosis of mental issues this could be an option for your friend
United National Life and Aetna also offer STC plans..

I am now one of those children that wished my dad had purchased LTC. He has had dementia/alzheimers for 2 years now. I regret I didn't purchase it for him when he was insurable.

Last edited:
Back