Life Settlement Investment Product now Available

As to the I.R.S. Revenue Ruling 2009-14:

"...when the buyer of the policy resold it to a subsequent buyer, the life insurance policy became a capital asset, the ruling found, because the buyer bought it for profit-making reasons. Thus, its tax consequences were analyzed under capital gains tax rules."

www*naifa.org/advocacy/govwatch/20090501_irs.cfm
Thank you for the link to the naifa analysis. Your quote is correct only insofar as it pertains to sale proceeds from B's resale of the policy to C. The I.R.S. clearly states that the policy was a capital asset in the hands of B, the secondary purchaser of the policy.
"Section 1222(3) defines long-term capital gain as gain from the sale or exchange of a capital asset held for more than one year if and to the extent such gain is taken into account in computing gross income. Section 1221(a) provides that the term "capital asset" means property held by the taxpayer (whether or not connected with a trade or business), but does not include items described in § 1221(a)(1)-(8). The life insurance contract in B's hands was not property described in § 1221(a)(1)-(8), and was thus a capital asset in B's hands."
So what? The very next sentence in the Ruling reads -
"Neither the surrender of a life insurance or annuity contract nor the receipt of a death benefit from the issuer under the terms of the contract produces a capital gain. Accordingly, the $71,000 income recognized by B upon the receipt of death benefits under the contract is ordinary income."

While the Revenue Ruling addresses B's sale of the policy to tertiary purchaser C, it most certainly does not address the proper treatment of the death benefits to be received by C. Capital asset or no, it remains unclear to me that those death benefits can be presumptively treated as capital gains.

Now IANAL, most definitely not a Tax Lawyer, and I've been wrong before. But I'd like a far more definitive answer to this question. And no, I'm not demanding it of you, I'm just sayin'.

lifesettlementadvisor, do you work with lpi, retirement value or the one out of houston? My first time on this forum and you seem to have posted the most informed and value added comments on life settlement but i don't think i caught who you represent? I'm already licensed with rv but just would like to network with other individuals active in the industry.

Right now, I'm selling whole policies and not fractional products. If I was going to go back to the fractional game, I would go for AIS out of Houston. They are the most transparent and agent friendly non-lpi company to work with. And I personally think it is a better product than Lpi.

lifesettlementadvisor, do you work with lpi, retirement value or the one out of houston? My first time on this forum and you seem to have posted the most informed and value added comments on life settlement but i don't think i caught who you represent? I'm already licensed with rv but just would like to network with other individuals active in the industry.

Call me in my office (m-f) to discuss 727-683-1730, Judi

Right now, I'm selling whole policies and not fractional products. If I was going to go back to the fractional game, I would go for AIS out of Houston. They are the most transparent and agent friendly non-lpi company to work with. And I personally think it is a better product than Lpi.
LSA, pls ping me w/ your contact info per our conversation, tks!

Interesting LSA, you sell whole policies, are you buying for institutional money or extremely high net worth investors?

15% RETURNS

COMPOUNDING ANNUAL INTEREST​

4,5, or 6 Year Terms

May Qualify for Capital Gains Tax Rate​

Eligible for Qualified Fund Transfers

No Stock Market Risk

Life Settlement Investment Product

Limited Availability. May not be suitable for all investors.

$50,000 Minimum investment​

8% Commission Paid
Override system for agents you bring on

PM me for More Details

Can you send me some information on this. Apparently I cannot PM you yet until I have 20 post

Re: Life Settlement Investment Product now Availible

Dude, you gotta be joking??? Where is Sti when you really need him???

Yeah, he usually posts awesome videos lol, I love reading a thread then seeing a hiliariously video that does relate to the post/argument/etc

Back