Life Settlement

Please remember this - when a company like Met-Life suddenly charges in after sales... The product might not be good for your client. Profit margin edges out principals & principles.

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding Life Settlements.
A friend of mine, female age 69 has a UL policy with a face amount of $250,000. Because of life situations she has never really been able to prepare for retirement (kids "needing" money, etc...). She would like to be able to live out her remaining years in some sort of comfortable mode. I mentioned life settlement to her as a possible way to help in that area. Although I'm an agent I'm researching this as a friend only. I told her I have heard about it and read just a little about it but it was out of my area of expertise.
Are there reputable companies out there that I could help her get in touch with?

p.s. I don't think the policy has very much cash value so that really isn't an option to surrender the policy for the cash.
The most apparent benefit for life settlements is which they provide you having a source of profits. A insurance policy is regarded to be an asset, similar to a car or a house. Most people, primarily seniors, aren't aware that their unwanted policies can be marketed for a lump sum income, and do not understand how to go around contacting interested parties. These customers often end up spending premiums on undesired policies or giving up their policies on the insurance company.

Back