Life Shield questions???

mudhound

Guru
100+ Post Club
Little help please:

I obtained a contract with Life Shield back a few months ago. After reading over their apps and other items I am at a loss as to how to market it.

From my limited understanding, they offer a 2nd to die policy. Would this be a good fit for a couple needing cash ONLY upon the 2nd death?

From reading the app, it looks like both need to be fairly healthy?

Where I’m I off here?

Thanks in advance!

Individal whole life or second to die....

Use it as a price busting product for only healthy people. There male tobacco rates are the lowest in the market.

I don't get the point of a Second to Die policy in the FE market, particularly if it requires both be healthy.

Second to Die was always for couples with an unhealthy member that needed liquidity when both were gone. How is that an FE problem, particularly consider the typical health of the FE market?

The beauty was you could basically underwrite it off the healthier person and know the mortality was actually going to be slightly better as you had two people.

I use them a lot. Never the joint survivor, tho.
No disability if under 65, no insulin, and no cancer ever.
That being said they are very inexpensive for males.
The modified WL is the same premium as their preferred and you are paid the same %.

I use them a lot. Never the joint survivor, tho.
No disability if under 65, no insulin, and no cancer ever.
That being said they are very inexpensive for males.
The modified WL is the same premium as their preferred and you are paid the same %.

Who actually qualifies for modified

I don't get the point of a Second to Die policy in the FE market, particularly if it requires both be healthy.

Second to Die was always for couples with an unhealthy member that needed liquidity when both were gone. How is that an FE problem, particularly consider the typical health of the FE market?

The beauty was you could basically underwrite it off the healthier person and know the mortality was actually going to be slightly better as you had two people.

I agree for FE uses. Except for one thing. For several years a couple of the Preneed insurance companies pushed a 1st to die option for couples. If he ran into one of those, I could see it.

Who actually qualifies for modified

I thought it was a true Graded? They have a 2 tier app. Any yes questions in first section is decline.

Attachments

• Lifeshield App MO IL OK IN NC TX OH AR.pdf
    752.1 KB · Views: 10
A “yes” answer in section to or age 81-85 is a 2-ye ROP. I just haven’t found a use for that yet.

I agree for FE uses. Except for one thing. For several years a couple of the Preneed insurance companies pushed a 1st to die option for couples. If he ran into one of those, I could see it.

Perhaps, but only if they are so far in it doesn't make sense to just replace with two individual policies, or it is a true 2nd to die where underwriting is extremely forgiving for one of the couple.

Perhaps, but only if they are so far in it doesn't make sense to just replace with two individual policies, or it is a true 2nd to die where underwriting is extremely forgiving for one of the couple.

No they were 1st to die not 2nd to die. For a year or two, two companies allowed any preneed policy to be a 1st to die at no extra cost. They were based on the oldest's age and if either one couldn't answer no to the health questions they weren't 1st day coverage. But they were a fantastic deal.

Still available today but priced higher. Not as attractive.

Back