LifeShield National Insurance - TAG

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
There is a new player showing up on FEXquotes that seems to be very competitive.. Lifeshield National Insurance Company. Took a look at their gent guide on FEXquotes.. very professional, well laid out but I noticed they are using a third party administrator call Universal Fidelity Life Insurance Company.. Having had problems with compnaies that used TPAs in the past, made me a little leery.. But then I noticed the guide was cobranded with The Asuurance Group (TAG).. Based on what I have read about TAG on the forum that really raised an alert signal..... hate that.. The product was really attractive.. especially the first to die.

Last edited:
I remember there was another thread about this company and TAG. Someone mentioned later in that thread that TAG didn't do such a good job of marketing this new carrier and they decided to partnered up with another FMO. So might be worthwhile for you to search around if you are really interested in this carrier.

I remember there was another thread about this company and TAG. Someone mentioned later in that thread that TAG didn't do such a good job of marketing this new carrier and they decided to partnered up with another FMO. So might be worthwhile for you to search around if you are really interested in this carrier.

Thanks.. found the other thread.. wasn't much information on it other than Todd said they were going to Amerilife for their marketing.. Looked on the Amerilife website and it is not listed as one of their carriers.. Oh well, companies that do everything from marketing to issue to claims through TPAs make me a little nervous anyway so I guess it is not that big of a deal.

Thanks.. found the other thread.. wasn't much information on it other than Todd said they were going to Amerilife for their marketing.. Looked on the Amerilife website and it is not listed as one of their carriers.. Oh well, companies that do everything from marketing to issue to claims through TPAs make me a little nervous anyway so I guess it is not that big of a deal.

Some may not like TAG (I have no experience with them). I can tell you this -- Amerilife is a scummy outfit, and you are an *** if you do any type of contracting through them. They once slip-sheeted my commission schedule (said it is A, then substituted B as they processed my paperwork and sent it on to the insurance company), and they also outright stole my commissions for a company that they (as MGA) were responsible to pay my commissions out (instead of the company paying it out directly). I've been posting this message on various forums when I see Amerilife's name pop up; I've been doing it for five years, and they haven't tried to sue me for saying bad stuff about them yet. Might be because the sleezeballs are actual thieves, and know they would be laughed out of court.

Some may not like TAG (I have no experience with them). I can tell you this -- Amerilife is a scummy outfit, and you are an *** if you do any type of contracting through them. They once slip-sheeted my commission schedule (said it is A, then substituted B as they processed my paperwork and sent it on to the insurance company), and they also outright stole my commissions for a company that they (as MGA) were responsible to pay my commissions out (instead of the company paying it out directly). I've been posting this message on various forums when I see Amerilife's name pop up; I've been doing it for five years, and they haven't tried to sue me for saying bad stuff about them yet. Might be because the sleezeballs are actual thieves, and know they would be laughed out of court.

TAG is every bit as bad as Parker and Asses. In fact they were joined at the hip with P&A at one time.

One thing you have to realize is that there are two different sides to Amerilife. Namely the captive side and then the independent side. DON'T EVER GO ON THE CAPTIVE SIDE!

We do carryt the LifeShield contract and it does run through Amerilife. It's the only way to get it now. I can promise you that Amerilife does not mess with my agents like that in any way. If I ask them to release an agent it is done without question. That's the deal I made with them in the beginning and they have not faultered on that.

Only problem i have with lifeshield is their uw guide is ambigous as hell, lots of gray and no pos, fuggetaboutit

Latest posts

Back