LifeTel - Update

Is anyone writing the Ameritas non med term plan? I think it's called the "FLX". Has anyone written it, how was the underwriting process, were they quick... Any information on this would be appreciated. I'm looking for an additional non med term alternative. Thank you in advance!

Ameritas FLX plan is cool. Has Living Benefits. Long application. Takes about 7 to 10 days to get thru underwriting.

I like Assurity better and their rates are lower. Awesome Riders. ROP is attractive on 30 year for non-rated policies.

Sagicor has the best rates on 20 year if you don't need LB . . .

Ameritas FLX plan is cool. Has Living Benefits. Long application. Takes about 7 to 10 days to get thru underwriting.

I like Assurity better and their rates are lower. Awesome Riders. ROP is attractive on 30 year for non-rated policies.

Sagicor has the best rates on 20 year if you don't need LB . . .

Have you actually written much of the Ameritas product, though? I was hoping to gather some actual case experience and get an idea of positives and negatives of their actual underwriting, how smoothly the issue process is, any hang ups and/or complications with commissions, etc. If you have this kind of information, that would be tremendously appreciated.

Have you actually written much of the Ameritas product, though? I was hoping to gather some actual case experience and get an idea of positives and negatives of their actual underwriting, how smoothly the issue process is, any hang ups and/or complications with commissions, etc. If you have this kind of information, that would be tremendously appreciated.

All mine were super healthy clients - no meds or conditions. App was long. Underwriting was about a week and another 2 or 3 days to issue. Commissions are paid on Friday for anything issued and paid by the prior Wednesday.

Make sure you check all the boxes - especially the payment with app and the State where signed, because they won't tell you additional requirements are needed until you call 12 different phone #'s asking why the policy is still pending.

I learned the hard way. But - I've hooked up with 2 other Carriers now that have better rates and an easier E-app process.

All mine were super healthy clients - no meds or conditions. App was long. Underwriting was about a week and another 2 or 3 days to issue. Commissions are paid on Friday for anything issued and paid by the prior Wednesday.

Make sure you check all the boxes - especially the payment with app and the State where signed, because they won't tell you additional requirements are needed until you call 12 different phone #'s asking why the policy is still pending.

I learned the hard way. But - I've hooked up with 2 other Carriers now that have better rates and an easier E-app process.

Thank you, 'biz. That was exactly what I was looking for! Gees, I want to write them (Ameritas), but I just don't want any issues. New product to try and get used to, but then there's also the very common factor of just learning a new carrier and their practices in general. Out of curiosity, who are the other "2 carriers" you say you like better?

Thank you, 'biz. That was exactly what I was looking for! Gees, I want to write them (Ameritas), but I just don't want any issues. New product to try and get used to, but then there's also the very common factor of just learning a new carrier and their practices in general. Out of curiosity, who are the other "2 carriers" you say you like better?

Assurity and Sagicor.

I'll still write Ameritas for those wanting all the Living Benefits. I've found that the 30somethings would rather have ROP and Ameritas doesn't offer that.

You should dispute the transaction with Paypal if you feel he did not provide what was promised. Now, if you simply were unable or unwilling to do it, that is one thing and part of life. But if you truly believe he did not deliver what was promised for your money, then that is definitely a valid reason to dispute the transaction.

Thank you, VolAgent. Dispute in progress.

Dude - are you really shocked you were scammed? I mean you been licensed for 18 years and you fell for this? Sorry - but, you received what you deserved . . .

Myinsurebiz:

You are absolutely right. I did get what I deserved.

While I attempted diligence over ignorance, time constraints prevented more in-depth analysis - Hoping I'd have surely determined BS, but who knows?

I am not shocked but disappointed by carelessness. Field days grinding to a halt and seeking the physically less-stressful alternatives. Heavy, multiple surgeries on both elbows prevent much driving and limit efforts to (primarily) telephonic contact and sales.
I prefer 'kitchen table', which is now more difficult to achieve.
Of course, I also realize that methodology is horribly outdated, but still make attempts to see (very) local prospects in-home... just take a lot of Aleve- I like meeting people.
Thanks to improving technology, e-apps/signature, etc. are more common - the 'opportunity' appeared more than moderately legitimate at the outset. My own fault.
The adage is 'once bitten, twice shy'. Case-in-point, well illustrated.
Appreciate your comments.

Back