Lifetime Maximums - Important?

And when profits are banned, who will be left to run the companies?

Profit is not a 4 letter word.

It does not matter if you are talking about health care, oil or Big Mac's.

The public is completely ignorant when it comes to business economics. And the MSM is an enabling partner in the ignorance.

Ideally, the government will run the COMPANY we know that all of our elected representatives and govt employees are angels who really don't care about themselves at all!

What's your game plan, Rick? Joining and spamming in the same day.

Dead give away.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dead give away.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dead give away.

Last edited:
In a few states (e.g., Vermont), guaranteed issue makes lifetime max meaningless. If claims hit the max, the insured can just apply for a new policy. Many don't know this, think it won't work, but it does.

Maine is also GI and technically this would work in Maine as well except if you are buying individual coverage after you exceed your lifetime max with Anthem what carrier will you turn to...your only option at that point is Mega then if you exceed the LT max are you back of to Anthem? Unless every state is GI then the GI state suffer from a lack of carriers and expensive coverage.

Unless every state is GI then the GI state suffer from a lack of carriers and expensive coverage.

Then all you do is shift the Maine problems to the other states.

GI doesn't play well in the individual market. It won't play well nationwide either.

If you don't think "lifetime maximums" or "brand-name" Rx coverage is important, check this heart-breaker out:

Yahoo! Personal Finance

All I got was this -

[SIZE=-1]Home - Yahoo! - Help[/SIZE]
Yahoo - Document Has Expired

The requested document, `/ap/080713/insurance_caps.html', is no longer available.
Options that might be of interest:
Go to the Yahoo! home page.
Go to the Yahoo! Finance home page.
Go to the Yahoo! Loan Center.
Go to the Yahoo! Insurance Center.
Other resources: Message Boards - Stock Chat - Finance Clubs

Then all you do is shift the Maine problems to the other states.

GI doesn't play well in the individual market. It won't play well nationwide either.

Oh I very much agree....I call legislature members every time the Republicans bring up changing our health insurance landscape to drop GI and put in a risk pool....That concept is the opposite of Dirigo and we all know Dirigo was a total failure. Make insurance accually underwritten and get rid of all the mandates and the cost for most of the population goes down the unhealthy people can go to the risk pool and maybe we can help a smaller pool of people afford health insurance can't be any worse than what we have now.

cost for most of the population goes down the unhealthy people can go to the risk pool and maybe we can help a smaller pool of people afford health insurance

This is way too logical to stand a chance of ever succeeding.

But then, I am a cynic . . .

This is way too logical to stand a chance of ever succeeding.

But then, I am a cynic . . .

No you are right republicans in Maine have been trying to do this for years but instead we stick to our GI Community Rated system with a million State Mandates and complain about the high cost of insurance....Its getting to the point that the only employers that can afford to offer coverage are goverment entities.

Back