Lifetime Renewals on MA - Can They Outlive Me?

Assuming the plan isn't discontinued and prospect are forced to change to the new very similar plan with new plan number but happens to be a new non commission plan.

Or the plan raises premium and copays while simultaneously dropping doctors

Now that MA plans are paying lifetime renewals (client's lifetime, not mine) is there a way to have the renewal outlive the AOR?

I am thinking that if an agency rather than an individual is the producer, renewals will continue as long as someone in the agency is certified with the carrier.The contract states renewals stop upon the death of the producer.

I just hate to think of those renewals going back to the carrier. i know I can't take it with me but I'd love to have a say where it goes.

It was explained to me a couple months ago that it can be done, and how, but I cant remember well enough to recite it. I havent done it yet simply because I dont have very many on the books yet, and Im not married. My little brother gets my medsupp renewals, he's only 20 so Im guessing he'll outlive me!

I am thinking the agency would have to be the producer and aor, with individual agents within the agency, each writing business on one writing number. So when an agent croaked, the agency would still service his clients and draw renewals. Looking at my ICA contract, renewals stop upon the death of the producing agent. If the agency is the producer and someone within the agency remains certified, renewals should continue. Anybody done this?

I have a writing number for my agency for uhc only, aetna uses your npn number and that is assigned to an agent only.

Varies by state, and probably by carrier. Some states allow the agency to have the writing number (as long as an owner holds a license) while others require a writing agent that assigns commission to the agency.

Back