Limited Benefit Plans

JosephDeacon

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am looking at some limited benefit plans for a group of mine for their part time EE's. I am looking at: Optimed, Nationwide, and Colonial.

Who else should I be looking at?

Interesting approach. I suppose I could do that. Although I am not a huge fan of limited bene plans, I might have to argue that a quality LB plans are of greater value than STM plans.

STM covers no pre ex, but LB plans have caps, limitations, etc.

I will think it over though, thanks.

Consider first that 'quality limited-benefit plan' is an oxymoron.

And I would rather have an stm that doesn't cover pre-ex than a mini-med.

JMHO

JD
Not be a prick but I think you educate yourself more on Limited Benefits plans. You posts do not make sense.

ABC - no offense taken, but I know exactly what a limited benefit/mini med plan is. I also know exactly what a short term medical plan is.

I was basically thinking out loud; that or my ADD was kicking in. I will try to make more sense with future posts. I do realize that limited benefit plans are not considered to be comprehensive coverage; I work in the major med group market and was just trying to find some other viable options for my client at their request.

After thinking it over, I do agree that a STM is probably "better" for a client in my eyes. However, a lot of these lower paid EE's are going to balk at the fact that it has no doctor copay, no pre-ex, and minimal RX coverage if at all. At least with a limited benefit plan, they get some first dollar coverage. I would love to just add them to the group health plan, but they are contract EE's/part time, and the company wants to offer them something.

I hope that everyone was able to comprehend this post.

I don't comprehend what an 'EE' is...

Executive E _ _ _ _ _ _ ?
E _ _ _ _ _ _ Employee?

I always hated Wheel of Fortune.

Latest posts

Back