Limted Lines Exempt from Exam in Pennsylvania

collura

a part time fraternal agent in the state of Pennsylvania is exempt from taking the state exam if they only sell 200k worth of life insurance or 25 policies annually.

anybody take advantage of this?

i dont want to start a debate about fraternal vs commercial or policies vs certificates or state gaurantee fund etc...

just wondering if there are any pennsylvania fraternal agents with a limited lines producer license?

a part time fraternal agent in the state of Pennsylvania is exempt from taking the state exam if they only sell 200k worth of life insurance or 25 policies annually.

anybody take advantage of this?

i dont want to start a debate about fraternal vs commercial or policies vs certificates or state gaurantee fund etc...

just wondering if there are any pennsylvania fraternal agents with a limited lines producer license?

I find it hard to think someone would limit themselves to this, even if doing it part time.

We have a similar situation in Texas, the license is called "Life Insurance Under $25,000". The training & test for it is easier, and the CE requirement is considerably lower. The leading agent for one company I work with operates under such a license. I think he only offers Stipulated Premium policies, which are unique to Texas. They can't be written for more than a total of $25,000 per insured. A lot of these are written by funeral home agents.

Although most of the policies I sell are under 25K, I don't want to be restricted to just that. I write a few term policies, as the need arises, as well as larger whole life policies.

Back