Lincoln Heritage Pro / Con

I like them because they have one of the best if not best near GI policy in the business. Their full first day coverage benefit polices are priced high but they are easier to work with. Most agents I contract with them love the near GI policy. I can offer good contracts with them if anyone is in need.

Jim Sowder
Family 1st Insurance Brokerage
304-640-8914
[email protected]

What is a good contract with Lincoln Heritage? Do they allow you to use them just for the near GI cases?

I have a contract with LH. 90%! I love this company as they are my front runners for FE and Term policies. Their rates are a bit high but LH is a very dependable company with easy underwriting. Claims are normally paid out within 24 hours after receiving notification! :cool:

LH will cut the commission by 25 points for their modified plan. It's also a paid up in 15 year plan which makes it terribly high. I'm talking more than double the price of other companies graded products.

They will also cut your commissions when people pay from a savings account instead of a checking and cut it even more for direct bill.

On their first day coverage, they are easy on the underwriting, but, really contest any death during the contestability period.

Their leads are the worst I've worked. They also want you to cold call the leads instead of making appointments. If you go one month without writing business, they will hold your pay thru monies until you do submit business.

Other than all this, they are a fine company.

LH will cut the commission by 25 points for their modified plan. It's also a paid up in 15 year plan which makes it terribly high. I'm talking more than double the price of other companies graded products.

They will also cut your commissions when people pay from a savings account instead of a checking and cut it even more for direct bill.

On their first day coverage, they are easy on the underwriting, but, really contest any death during the contestability period.

Their leads are the worst I've worked. They also want you to cold call the leads instead of making appointments. If you go one month without writing business, they will hold your pay thru monies until you do submit business.

Other than all this, they are a fine company.

You covered it pretty good, JD.:yes:

DJ

The contracts I offer are 20% reduced for modified and I find the modified 15pay to be well priced with presidential and better in many cases. 60yr male 10k 87.20. It is higher priced than some graded plans but many of those will not take things like oxygen. I do find their first day coverage to be higher.

You must be offering 90% since the modified pays at 70%. The first company I looked at will do a two year graded $10,000 with no medical questions for $55/mo. The 2nd on I looked at would be $67/mo. LH wasn't bad on their modified until they went to the 15 pay. That's a nice benefit, but, it's a non issue to aperson that only qualifies for graded. We are concerned with them making it two years in the first place. If 15 years out was an issue, we could go with a day 1 product.

I used to be one of the biggest LH defenders on this board. I was even accused of being a LH apologist. I have since learned the errors of my ways.

Back