Lincoln Heritage vs Futurity First

Which is better for newer agent? If neither, any suggestions?

It looks like apples to oranges. I’ve never heard of Futurity but it appears they are a brokerage for traditional life products.

LH on the other hand is a Final Expense Insurance Company selling to the senior market.

I personally have always prefered the senior market. Great hours and I like the people. LH on the other hand is a very high priced player in that market. We have debated it to death on this forum if it’s better to sell the lower priced companies or if seniors are really as “price sensitive” as I make them out to be. It’s my opinion that selling companies with better prices just makes our jobs much easier. And your clients definitely love you more if you save them money.

So my opinion would be neither. (However I own an agency that is a competitor to LH).

A lot of it comes down to commission levels, who is the guy training you and how much do you like him, are your prices higher, lower, or average when compared to your competitors (and does that matter to you?) Also, how do they get you in front of interested people? Lead cost? Type? Price? Are they exclusive or will they ever be resold? What territory will you work?

A lot of questions and you gave us next to no info.

Im at state farm and want to make money for myself. These are the 2 companies I've encountered so far

Which is better for newer agent? If neither, any suggestions?

I don't know anything about Futurity but I am familiar with LH. The lead cost is high, in the $35 range, and the commissions are low, 70%. The policies are priced significantly higher than most other FE carriers.

There is also a high expectation that you will attend all of their meetings, social events, etc. You would think that you were an employee.

On the plus side, if you like spending a lot of time in the office sharing camaraderie with other agents and a lot of rah rah meetings and phone calls, this might be a good fit.

I think you would be better off researching and speaking with some of the agency owners on here.

Scott Burke @ FEX
Chris Smith @ EFES
Dave Duford @ FE Agent Mentor
Matt Mungia @ The Insurance Squad
Todd King @ TRKing

Back