Linkedin for Business Purposes

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
I was wondering if anyone on here uses Linkedin for business purposes or to gain clients? Do you request clients on Linkedin?

Not really sure how to make it work for me.

I'm not on it even though I get invites all the time. To me it's like loading up your FaceBook friend list thinking someone is going to call... it doesn't matter. However, it doesn't hurt either.

its like online BNI. you are suppose the friend other professionals to refer business to each other.

It can only help... At some point in your career I'm sure you would get a referral from it. I don't have FB, so linkedin is how all my friends/family know what line of work I'm in.

Let me give you some pointers. 1st join some groups that your target market is in. Example I target groups of tax people, accounts and some other weird stuff that I feel like can send me some referrals. I also target business owners for C.I. and D.I. Then I ask people to invite me to join their linkedin. Also everytime you hit your limit of invites, you can request linkedin to reset your account every month. They will give you another 500 invites a month.

You can also start groups really easy. I run 5 insurance groups on linkedin myself.

Most groups allow you to discuss about anything and also put your link on the post. Each group is a little bit different. Try and bring some value to each group and they will allow you to get away with more things.

Okay, I told you enough already. But I spent a lot of my time on linkedin. Also feel free to add me on linkedin [email protected] I accept all request.

Let me give you some pointers. 1st join some groups that your target market is in. Example I target groups of tax people, accounts and some other weird stuff that I feel like can send me some referrals. I also target business owners for C.I. and D.I. Then I ask people to invite me to join their linkedin. Also everytime you hit your limit of invites, you can request linkedin to reset your account every month. They will give you another 500 invites a month.

You can also start groups really easy. I run 5 insurance groups on linkedin myself.

Most groups allow you to discuss about anything and also put your link on the post. Each group is a little bit different. Try and bring some value to each group and they will allow you to get away with more things.

Okay, I told you enough already. But I spent a lot of my time on linkedin. Also feel free to add me on linkedin [email protected] I accept all request.

I see you on LinkedIn all the time! I'm part of quite a few insurance groups as well...I wonder which ones are yours?? I didn't realize you ran that many!:err:

I've found it difficult to get fans for an insurance agency on facebook. Any tips for us newbs? And, what's your facebook link...mind if we check it out?

make your posts jokes, political or satire about our industry. Do not post things like, "I can help you save 30% on your insurance--click here." give them a reason to LIKE you. Post things that they will in turn repost...be a person, not a company..

90% value/funny, 10% selling. FB is a social setting...you would never go to a cocktail party and walk up to a bunch of your friends and start marketing your insurance skills...they would leave your crowd...as they will on FB.

make your posts jokes, political or satire about our industry. Do not post things like, "I can help you save 30% on your insurance--click here." give them a reason to LIKE you. Post things that they will in turn repost...be a person, not a company..

90% value/funny, 10% selling. FB is a social setting...you would never go to a cocktail party and walk up to a bunch of your friends and start marketing your insurance skills...they would leave your crowd...as they will on FB.

Great info! I don't do jokes/satires so much as giving people a place to promote their business or posting real stories and asking who should pay for the damage...stuff like that. I started out posting jokes about insurance but decided we already have a bad name! Check out facebook page and let me know what you think. Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Back