LinkedIn Profinder Leads

Markthebroker

Guru
5000 Post Club
California
Somehow I have gotten signed up for these leads, which I neither requested, nor want.

Apparently their system wants me to create a "proposal" based on brief information supplied by the requester. I have never once gotten a response from one of these leads, and no longer bother responding as they are low quality at best.

Recently I have been noticing more and more conflicting information in the leads. Such as the company has no employees, but want a work comp quote, or that they are happy working over the phone, but only want to meet in person. Several of these leads I have researched, and the person posting is the owner or producer or a commercial insurance agency.

I was just wondering what experience other people have had, if any, with these. It's pretty clear to me that they are completely bogus.

Dude, I probably disagree with you about meeting in person to get a job. Firstly, I always believed that in order to get a particular vacancy, it is necessary to meet with the employer, but I had a completely different situation. I found a suitable vacancy on linkedin and I decided to try my luck. I also needed recommendations and decided to write them myself on behalf of other users. I did this for the first time in my life and I didn’t even know where to start my stories and then I was given an article on linkedjetpack in order to write the perfect recommendation. So I coped with this difficult mission and you will not believe but I got this job. So I realized that personal meetings are not needed to get a job!

Last edited:
I have been getting these for years also, and mostly ignoring them. At least 50% of them seem to be businesses that want to either hire you or speak with you for some reason other than buying insurance. Recruiters, Information Gathers, Researchers, etc. [In the SF Bay Area I have noticed lots and lots of Insuratech companies using this to find Agents.]

Of the few that are legit - the information and gathered to present a quote are not all that useful. My best guess is that if you are interested in the lead you should just respond and explain why you would be the best person to speak further about it. And in no way shape or form can you provide an estimate worth a darn without knowing all of the relevant details.

And I agree - they are low quality leads, but hey - they are free right?

Back