LinkedIn

That's funny you posted this. I was thinking about joining today and am curious as well to know if joining will increase my exposure.

I joined today.

Got 2 connections already . . . who have 80 connections . . . who have a network of 7600.

Sounds like I need to get in PPL and capitalize on my new connections . . .

That's outstanding! I see you have been busy with getting your profile out there. Looks good. Well done Bob.

Last edited:
Yes, but there is some kind of upgrade. Still playing around with it.

I now have 5 connections and have 2 degrees of separation from 140 people and 13,700 connections within 3 degrees.

This is really cool.

Something else to distract me from writing business . . .

LOL. I know what you are saying. I just joined and there is a 6 degrees of separation scenario going on over there.

I have contacts I forgot I knew and am even finding old college friends and roommates.

What I like is the system scanned my outlook and all my clients emails are in there (sniffs out ALL emails in the inbox), which is a potentially good thing considering they might be kind enough to recommend me as a broker. I am sending requests. The only stipulation with recommendations is you have to have a connection first in order to ask for a recommendation.

I see the upgrade. Not entirely sure what you get by paying, other than being able to see other linkedIn profiles in greater detail.

Last edited:
Looks like I have a connection to Dick Cheney and Barack Obama . . .

Now if I could only get connected to Beyonce' . . .

Beyonce' would be sweet. However, you might have to Paypal her for Royalties. :cool:

LinkedIn is pretty cool. I am working to get my profile at 100% and am asking for some recommendations. I think you need three in order to become 100%.

Overall, I am glad I put a profile together as it is a professional networking site and can be of benefit in the future. Basically, every once in a while, it makes sense for me to have it scan my emails and see who is LinkedIn and can provide a way to get recommendations and referrals. Too early to tell. I have asked a client of mine for a recommendation and will see how he takes to it.

Back