LinkedIn

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I joined LinkedIn a few months back and it occurs to me I don't really know how to capitalize on this network. I have 64 connections, 3300+ 2 degrees away and over 306,000 contacts available to me.

I know others, including some on this site (Sam & #2 come to mind immediately) have used LinkedIn in their business.

How do you use it? Specifically, how do you use it to generate leads? Is there a "how to" guide?

I really feel like this is a resource that is underutilized, at least in my case.

Although, I haven't used linkedin to generate leads, it seems you can ask for introductions through your contacts in order to communicate with their contacts rendering a warm lead.

Also, I just found this service. LinkedIn: About InMail

It allows you to market to all linkedin people through inmail.

I've asked a few questions on the site and gotten good answers from people who seem to know what they are talking about.

Other than that I haven't used it much.

In my experience the best parts of linked in for health agents are the answers section on individual insurance and the recomendations section.

Answering questions gets your name out to all of the people in your total network. I received 1 call from answering a question.

The recomendations section is where you ask your clients who are linked up with you to write an endorsment about you. The more you have the higher you are listed in the services section. I got 2 leads from this.

Those results are not great but there is potential. I really do not put that much time into it though.

Somarco,

I am also with LinkedIn and I receive leads through contacts that I have made over time.

I used to work for Raymond James Financial Services and I sent an email to all the Raymond James linkedin contacts just letting them know who I am and if they need my services just to contact me anytime.

But i tell you one thing I have noticed is recently alot of spammers that just joined LinkedIn are calling me about Financing, one called me about signature letters to clients, and a BGA keeps calling wanting me to sign with them.

These are the types that before selling on LinkedIn were door to door salesmen selling Kirby Vacuums with the foot in the door...LOL

Houston

Since you are local, contact Jack Beecher (he's in my LinkedIn network), and have him give you a class on it. Jim Browning, also here in the Atlanta area (up in the Roswell area, specifically) is the LinkedIn Guru around here. Jack can give you his number.

Using the Q & A and the People and Company Tabs will allow you to do research and find an affiliated partner to do seminars and meetings with. You help them and they will help you.

That's how I use it.

I actually have a few clients on LinkedIn. It's also a great way to get referrals for business.

#2, thanks for the info. Will do.

Paul, no Facebook, MyFace or any other site. LinkedIn is my only online network (other than Insurance Forum of course . . .).

And I am not into online dating either.

Or any of those webcam sites . . .

Back