List of Banks Boli Amounts?

pfg1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the various major US banks that shows the amounts of boli they currently own? Helping my son on a project, can't seem to find any specifics online that are current, only older numbers.

I can find listings of total amounts owned, but nothing breaking it out by bank. I know it has to be out there somewhere, I just can't seem to track it down.

Any help would be appreciated!

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the various major US banks that shows the amounts of boli they currently own? Helping my son on a project, can't seem to find any specifics online that are current, only older numbers.

I can find listings of total amounts owned, but nothing breaking it out by bank. I know it has to be out there somewhere, I just can't seem to track it down.

Any help would be appreciated!

I haven't been able to find it broken out either.

Thanks guys.

I'll keep looking, and maybe someone will chime in that knows where to find the info. It seems like it should be available since they are public companies.

You need to go to the source of the information: FDIC: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

Go to "Industry Analysis" then "Bank Data and Statistics".

Do a search for the bank you want. Let's do Wells Fargo Bank for this example.

For banks, pick the "National Association" with the highest assets in your search results... and click on "Call/TFR Report".

A PDF document should appear with the report for you.

Do a search within the PDF document for "life". You'll get to the page where it shows "Schedule RC-F - Other Assets".

For Wells Fargo, it'll show (in thousands):
- General Account life insurance assets: 4,526,000
- Separate Account life insurance assets: 12,755,000
- Hybrid Account life insurance assets: 546,000

Since it's in thousands... add three more zeroes to those numbers.

Just re-run the report for the different banks in your area. You can consolidate the data into your own custom report, but I think using official filing information would be more credible.

Back