List of Brokers Needed

Hello All

I have just applied for my agency license few days ago. Expecting it in few weeks.
Mean while i am looking for best brokers to work with .
I am very new to insurance industry.

1) i know two brokers digital bga and brokers alliance. are there any other that one should know as a newbie.

2) or should i directly start reaching out to individual insurance companies.

3) what kind of commissions should i expect from these companies.

Thank You

CPS Insurance is who I have used for over 10 years. They are the largest independent broker in the business. www.cpsinsurance.com. They have all of the major carriers that you would need in life, ltd, and ltc plus fixed annuities, if you think you'll need it.

----------

Commissions will vary based upon the insurance company. Unless you are in a career shop, most, if not all, carriers use a broker such as CPS.

"shameless plug"? I've been in this business long before you walked the earth.

Wow there tiger. That wasn't directed at you. He was plugging himself/ his company. That's what a "shameless plug" is. Had nothing to do with your post.

CPS Insurance is who I have used for over 10 years. They are the largest independent broker in the business. www.cpsinsurance.com. They have all of the major carriers that you would need in life, ltd, and ltc plus fixed annuities, if you think you'll need it.

----------

Commissions will vary based upon the insurance company. Unless you are in a career shop, most, if not all, carriers use a broker such as CPS.

I didn't know they were so big. Is there a list of the biggest?

Hi Inview,

Welcome to the forums & the industry!

You'll be way ahead of most just by being on the forums. I think you have a great group of companies to start with.

I think the biggest thing is to find a group that lines up with your business plan. For example, Digital BGA specializes in phone sales. Do you have a little more you could share with us about your goals so maybe we can tailor our recommendations a little more?

Back