List of recommended journals and mags

Happy Friday everyone. I'm new here (info about me below). I'm looking for a list of industry journals and mags that I can subscribe to? Not specific to any line - looking for everything from life, auto, health to P&C and liability - anything geared towards agents and brokers. Thanks in advance!

About Chad:
  • from Bloomington/Normal, IL (I'm sure some of you have heard of that place!)
  • 4 yrs Navy
  • 4 yrs college w/ a dbl major in Inurance and Finance while receiving my Series 6/63, life, health and accident licens, Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor desig(CMFC) and interned w/ Northwestern Mutual, all as a Sr. in college (busy year)
  • worked in Allstates Equity Investment dept as an associate analyst in Northbrook, IL
  • Earned my Registred Professional Liability Underwriter (RPLU) desig
  • Underwrote publicly-traded (and some small private company) D&O, EPLI, Fiduciary liability for 6 years w/ the two largest in the industry (for those lines)
  • Produced for 13 months w/ a syndicate of Lloyds
  • Currently, I'm in the process of starting my own business and doing the research (it's not sales)
  • My best friends and girlfriend (who I was introduced to by a broker) are all in the industry (god help me)
  • I'm living the dream :D
I'm looking forward to learning on this forum.

Thanks in advance - Chad

Here are ones that I am familiar with. Mostly free:

Life Insurance Selling-The best one for sales ideas. Chock full of current annuity ads, too.

Broker World - Good read for independent agents and brokers.

Advisor Today - The journal for NAIFA, formerly NALU. A good read with plenty of sales ideas that work.

Financial Planning - A success guide for those who practice or support the evolving profession of comprehensive personal financial planning emphasizing strategies and trends. Serves the field of the financial services industry.

Agent Sales Journal

The Senior Market Advisor

Agent Sales Journal

Registered Rep

Worth

There are publications other than the ones I named but this is plenty of reading and will keep you abreast of things. One rule should be to only read during off hours when you cannot be selling. I try to read in the bathroom, when my wife is in the store, late night, etc.

I believe if you go to the section titled "agent resources," you will see a list of free magazine & journal offers. Lots to choose from there, and it helps support the forum.

Back