Live Transfer Leads, Any Experience?

Emmaus

Expert
Does anyone have any experience with live transfer leads from companies like Datalot or Lava Leads?

The price between those two in particular is DRASTIC. What's the difference? Under $7/lead for Lava Leads and $25-$35 for Datalot per lead. Datalot's leads are inbound prospect calls (prospects call them, then they transfer), is that the difference?

Does anyone have experience with these companies or any companies like them? I'm a P&C/Term-Life producer).

Thanks

What a coincidence that I found this thread. I was on Reddit and someone mentioned Datalot as a good lead source so I came here to read up more on them.

It sounds like this is the difference between compliant transfers vs non-compliant. I believe all lava does is voice broadcasting, it sounds like DataLot is using live reps and compliant. DataLot goes to LeadsCon and I've enjoyed a drink or two on their dime, so they're alright in my book :D

It sounds like this is the difference between compliant transfers vs non-compliant. I believe all lava does is voice broadcasting, it sounds like DataLot is using live reps and compliant. DataLot goes to LeadsCon and I've enjoyed a drink or two on their dime, so they're alright in my book :D

Run away from anyone doing press 1 robo dialing. 99% of the time it is illegal.

"press 1" is definitely a big red flag that could open the door to legal issues as mentioned above.

Besides how the calls are sourced, another large factor that determines how well the calls work for you is going to be whether or not you're answering all the calls being sent to you and how you answer them. In general, it's best to answer the call as soon as possible and then introduce yourself with a quick summary of how you can help them shop around between various companies or if captive, how you are supported by a well known brand.

For P&C, we might be able to help you out at Ping Leads. We offer a self-managed platform allowing you to setup campaigns that target the type of caller you're looking for based on location, type of insurance, day/time as well as other options.

You can bid for calls in real time and you only pay what it takes to outrank the next competitor in line. Pricing varies based on demand, but would most likely be between the two rates you listed in your post. Calls during evenings and weekends or for renters insurance also tend to be priced lower.

Live transfers and Press 1 are completely different things. If there is a difference in rate per lead I would assume it is based on qualifying questions. More expensive the more qualified they are. I would be pay attention to the charge back policy as I have had terrible experiences with Live transfers...

"I have no idea why they transferred me bla bla bla etc"

These should not be counted

"press 1" is definitely a big red flag that could open the door to legal issues as mentioned above.

Besides how the calls are sourced, another large factor that determines how well the calls work for you is going to be whether or not you're answering all the calls being sent to you and how you answer them. In general, it's best to answer the call as soon as possible and then introduce yourself with a quick summary of how you can help them shop around between various companies or if captive, how you are supported by a well known brand.

For P&C, we might be able to help you out at Ping Leads. We offer a self-managed platform allowing you to setup campaigns that target the type of caller you're looking for based on location, type of insurance, day/time as well as other options.

You can bid for calls in real time and you only pay what it takes to outrank the next competitor in line. Pricing varies based on demand, but would most likely be between the two rates you listed in your post. Calls during evenings and weekends or for renters insurance also tend to be priced lower.

Any of these sites that set up for agents to bid have no transparency. In my experience sites like pingleads just charge you whatever they feel like. I would not count on a site like this.

Last edited:
Ping Leads uses a bidding auction similar to Google AdWords or Bing (Microsoft) Advertising and you won't be charged more than you're willing to pay. Everything is done automatically via our matching algorithms and in real time.

We offer transparency by providing estimates on where you should bid and by providing metrics such as in what position your filters have ranked when they match to a call and the number of calls transferred compared to number of times you've been matched to a call. If more transparency is needed, we welcome feedback and are constantly working to add features that help our customers.

Other companies charge a flat fee regardless of if you are getting calls during peak hours or in the middle of the night. When deciding on how to build the platform, we made the decision with the view that it was more fair to charge based on demand so that we're not excluding agents by having high minimums. Instead, an agent can bid based on what they want to pay. If the demand is high, they may not receive many calls but if demand drops, the agent can receive calls at a price at or below what they are telling us is fair.

We have recently added the ability to charge based off a fixed fee for longer minimum durations, but just like any other company where the customer is competing against others for a limited supply, you'd see less volume if another agent is willing to pay more for calls. With both a fixed fee or standard bid, you're not charged higher than you're willing to pay, but a standard bid allows our customers to get charged less when demand is lower and helps to more accurately match them with calls that will work best for them.

At the end of the day, we're working within a fluid ecosystem with the goal of providing the best ROI for our customers. If our calls work well, demand will increase, pricing will increase and we will be able to drive additional volume. If the calls are not working for our customers, they will lower their bids and it will help balance the quality and volume of the calls with what they cost. If we provide very poor quality calls, customers will leave and we won't be able to continue operating so it's in our interest to keep our quality as high as possible.

The way our platform is setup may not be ideal to everyone, but our company feels we can offer a better service at a lower price than our competitors. We don't require long term contracts, large initial commitments and you have the ability to start and stop the service at anytime directly in the online interface which all make any risk very minimal.

Back